PDA

View Full Version : A way of securing speakers to your stands

Taniwha
05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi all,

I just purchased a set of P3's last week - excellent sound.

I thought I'd post a simple idea for securing the speakers to your stands. I know that Harbeth suggests using small blue-tack amounts, but then warns that this has been known to damage the veneer when being removed.

I have used 4 small 3M "Command Adhesive" wall hook pads. As far as I'm aware, these are readily available in hardware stores and some supermarkets all around the world. We use them extensively for hanging pictures because they can easily be removed without leaving marks. They have a tab on one end that is not sticky, and when you want to remove it you pull that gently in a direction parallel to the pad, this then stretches the adhesive and, due to a special property of it, it releases.

The only requirement that needs some thought with the speakers is that you need to have enough access to the non-sticky end that you can grab it to pull when you want to remove it. Aesthetically you may not want the tab hanging out from between the base of your speakers and the stands. With ours, we are using stands that are open frames, so I've put the tabs pointing under the speakers and into the interior of the stand frame. They're totally out of sight but can be easily pulled to detach.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this solution as it adds an option which won't leave any marks or damage the speakers.

Cheers,
Paul