PDA

View Full Version : Which model according to room size?

cedhz
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello,

My listening room is 3.05m x 4.3m x 2.4m(10ftx14ftx 8ft ceiling)..which model would be best suited to those dimensions?

Thank you.

TimVG
03-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Hello

Ask your dealer if it would be possible to either listen to the available models in a similar sized room in the shop if available, or if you can possibly audition them at home. Unfortunately it's very difficult to predict how a speaker will behave in a room, as so much variables are in play.

And then there is of course the one and only deciding factor: you. You alone can tell which speaker you like best in a certain room.

Personally, I think a pair of P3ESR won't disappoint. I use them in a room about twice that size (except in hight) that is well damped and am more than satisfied. But you are not me of course, so you might seek different things in a loudspeaker, or your room might be much less or much more damped than mine..

I hope this helps a bit :)

kraiker
03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Hello

Ask your dealer if it would be possible to either listen to the available models in a similar sized room in the shop if available, or if you can possibly audition them at home. Unfortunately it's very difficult to predict how a speaker will behave in a room, as so much variables are in play.

And then there is of course the one and only deciding factor: you. You alone can tell which speaker you like best in a certain room.

Personally, I think a pair of P3ESR won't disappoint. I use them in a room about twice that size (except in hight) that is well damped and am more than satisfied. But you are not me of course, so you might seek different things in a loudspeaker, or your room might be much less or much more damped than mine..

I hope this helps a bit :)

Placement,damping are only a few factors,there are more things to consider when placing the Speakers.
I for one would recommend you to try and get the things sorted in your mind.
Then when you have a clear idea of what it is that you are after.Then only audition.

TimVG
04-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Placement,damping are only a few factors,there are more things to consider when placing the Speakers.
I for one would recommend you to try and get the things sorted in your mind.
Then when you have a clear idea of what it is that you are after.Then only audition.

But surely, you can only really know what it is you want after you've been able to compare different brands/models? I stumbled upon Harbeth by accident myself, a brief listen to the Super HL5 while picking up a repair. After that listening session I decided to build up a seperate stereo system apart from my surround setup, but I didn't know that's what I wanted before listening. It's only then I heard what I'd been missing :)

engjoo
19-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Hello,

My listening room is 3.05m x 4.3m x 2.4m(10ftx14ftx 8ft ceiling)..which model would be best suited to those dimensions?

Thank you.

Unless your room is very well damped, I would say it looks more suitable for a P3ESR.