PDA

View Full Version : Devialet DPremier plus Harbeth

Boukman
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Does anyone have experience with the DPremier and SHL5's? I have heard them with a Thorens TT and was blown away.

I like the advanced design, power and fact its only one box with everything. Simplifies life and is beautiful. But super expensive.....

f1eng
19-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I have used mine with my P3ES speakers. Sounds sublime. Small too, easy to install and very flexible. I am a big fan.

garmtz
19-10-2011, 08:02 PM
It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

f1eng
12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

It isn't a class D amp. It seems completely transparent to me - but that is just pehaps what I would expect, as an engineer! It is the first amp I have tried to match my old Goldmund in timbre, clarity and dynamics and very much less expensive.

Gan CK
13-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Not to be a wet blanket to you but i heard a Naim Nait 5i sounding more natural & musically convincing in direct comparison to a much more expensive Goldmund pre/power combo. Both amps were driving M40. IMO, the Goldmund sounded artificial in tone & did not have that 'flow' when delivering the music. So if the Devialet is anything like the Goldmund, then it'd probably not be my cup of tea.

Gan CK
13-07-2012, 04:36 AM
Found this interesting thread comparing the Devialet & a Tron pre/power. This thread further confirms my suspicion that the Devialet is a very very good hifi sounding amp. After having read the comparison, i am now even more intrigued to listen to a Tron pre/power. After all, i heard a Tron seven phono stage on a Harbeth SHL-5 setup & came away very impressed. And its made in UK!

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104935