PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for Leben Cs300, 15W output

gidion27
19-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi All,

I only needed to start looking for new speakers for my Leben amp (had mishap with current speakers). The Leben has relative small 15 w output and therefore needs relative sencitive speakers. I am taken by the Harbeth design and am currently looking for a local dealer. (New Zealand) to listen to them.

I am however interested to see if anybody on this forum has experience with the Leben and any of the Harbeth speakers?

Looking forward to hear from you:)

Cheers
G

{Moderator's comment: spelling of our brand name 'Harbeth' corrected.}

Drdennis
19-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Search recent thread on this very topic. I enjoy the combination of Harbeth C7ES3 and Leben CS300XS in my 12'x12'x9' room. I listen primarily to jazz, vocals and chamber music.

I have compared this combination to an LFD Mk IV which I prefer for full symphony. If you have a larger room, listen at loud levels and gravitate towards symphonic music or rock you may want to consider a more powerful amp.

skylan
19-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Gidion27.
Your local dealer is Parmenter Sound and the fellow's name is Jason.
http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/showthread.php?1570-Harbeth-Speaker-stands-available-in-New-Zealand&highlight=jason+parmenter

Jason will fill you in on the Harbeth model line.

cheers, Noel.

gidion27
19-05-2012, 08:24 PM
thank you for your reply.

My listening room is the same size as yours but I listen mainly at low volumes to Blues, Ska and Reggea.

Thanks and cheers for the advice

b4sound
20-05-2012, 12:30 AM
The 15w of Leben is quite capable. The other day 2 friends were very surprised by Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. The dynamics and bass even from tiny P3ESRs when pushed can be quite good.

gidion27
20-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Cheers Noel. Will get hold of him.