PDA

View Full Version : M30.1 is a real joy! Thank you!

betuned
30-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Dear all,

after 5 years of pleasure with the Harbeth m30 I decided last year to try the m40.1 for better bass response. Sadly in my room the bass was too heavy. It took me half a year to accept that fact. In this time a friend of mine bought the 30'ies blind after hearing the m40.1. So the m30 were gone and I had nearly one year without Harbeth speakers because the m40.1 were sold again.

In the meantime I tried various speakers in my room, which never impressed me much (brands like ProAc, Quested, ATC, Klein&Hummel). No one did the magic I've loved with the Harbeths so much.

Since 2 weeks I listen to the new m30.1 and I'm happy again. Here in my room to my ears it's the best and most emotional satisfying experience since the m30. But I'm quite sure it's even better. The new version has better bass control, the highs are a little bit more defined, spaces are more convincing, i'm really impressed what Mr. Shaw had done to this great speaker. I just wanted to say thank you!

betuned

Dr. Goethe
30-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Dear all,

after 5 years of pleasure with the Harbeth m30 I decided last year to try the m40.1 for better bass response. Sadly in my room the bass was too heavy. It took me half a year to accept that fact. In this time a friend of mine bought the 30'ies blind after hearing the m40.1. So the m30 were gone and I had nearly one year without Harbeth speakers because the m40.1 were sold again.

In the meantime I tried various speakers in my room, which never impressed me much (brands like ProAc, Quested, ATC, Klein&Hummel). No one did the magic I've loved with the Harbeths so much.

Since 2 weeks I listen to the new m30.1 and I'm happy again. Here in my room to my ears it's the best and most emotional satisfying experience since the m30. But I'm quite sure it's even better. The new version has better bass control, the highs are a little bit more defined, spaces are more convincing, i'm really impressed what Mr. Shaw had done to this great speaker. I just wanted to say thank you!

betuned

I agree. I have only had my 30.1s a week, but they sound spectacular in a medium-size room. I use a McIntosh MC275 and McIntosh C2300 preamp. The music whether from LPs, CDs, or the local classical FM station is as good as it gets. Thank you to Mr. Shaw and the team at Harbeth for this redesign which should be even more revered than the 30s.

DSRANCE
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I've said elsewhere that I've now had two occasions to compare the original LS5/9's with both the M30's and the 30.1's. All three sound pretty similar, and so they should, but the 30.1's are delightfully easier to "hear into," if you see what I mean, little things going on deep in the soundstage being audible with less effort.

I think that currently, the 30.1 is my favourite of them all, although I readily accept that for some larger rooms than I currently have, the SHL5 and M40.1 will "breathe" better when listened to mid to far field.

A wonderful speaker, the M30.1 and worth every penny in my opinion :)