PDA

View Full Version : Speakers on side

Jimchc
16-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I have several choices. I have about 14 inches of vertical height to place my speaker. I can go with the small P3 or my other option would be to place the Compact 7 on its side if I want to keep the tweeter at ear level. My room size is enormous 37x17 with 11 foot ceilings so bigger is better. The end of the room has built-in cabinets for some books and a TV. I can get them 1 meter from back walls. If I place them on their sides will this ruin their imaging and would the tweeter be on inside or outside?

garmtz
16-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I have several choices. I have about 14 inches of vertical height to place my speaker. I can go with the small P3 or my other option would be to place the Compact 7 on its side if I want to keep the tweeter at ear level. My room size is enormous 37x17 with 11 foot ceilings so bigger is better. The end of the room has built-in cabinets for some books and a TV. I can get them 1 meter from back walls. If I place them on their sides will this ruin their imaging and would the tweeter be on inside or outside?

I would go for C7 on it's side. If you sit far enough in the far field, the drivers will blend just as effectively as when placed upright is my guess. What are you using as front speakers? Best to match the fronts to the center.

Jimchc
16-05-2009, 09:15 PM
These would be a stereo pair with no center speaker