Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Invitation to join as a Test Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation to join as a Test Member

Wer have identified a programer and propse to engage him to debug the third-party VBulletin code that the HUG user group runs on. As you may know, for the past six months since we were invited (and paid for) a major new release of the code, there have been inexplicable problems with viewing images embedded in HUG posts. Some readers can see all the images, some can see some and some none at all, yet all visitors are members of the same class of membership with, we assume, common access rights.

The VBulletin operation have been no help whatever. They have no mechanism for paid support, relying wholly on their on-line support forum. Knowing what we know now, would we select them again? Absolutely not; they are aware of the image issue and have no motivation to resolve it.

This post is to call for a few 'test' members to register (again) and concurrently, so that we can estabilsh if this image issue relates to the transtion of pre-existing membership of the original VB to the later version, and if registering now clears the problem.

All you have to do is apply for test-class membership. Your existing membership will be unaffected, and you can log-in with either. After the experiment is over, we will delete your test membership. Your original membership is entirely separate and will not be effected.
    1. Please apply to Register and join HUG
    2. Create a user name TESTXXXX where the XXXX is a four digit number of your choice
    3. Look out for the Confirmation email and act on it.

That's it for now!

Thanks

UPDATE
    =======

TEST1234 has been allocated.
    TEST.HAL has been allocated (to Harbeth HQ)
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

The test membership requires that you use a different email address as far as I can tell.
    Getting to know my C7ES3

Comment

Set up as Test2263 but link to confirm membership fails. Cutting and pasting the activation code doesn't work either.

Comment

Regarding the long-standing bug in the paid-for third-party VBulletin software that HUG runs on, as I mentioned we recruited a software engineer to resolve the image problems at our expense. He has been busy and progress has been made.

Before I point to some example pages that seem to have better image visibility now he has adjusted the code, has anyone noticed an improvement? Have images that were not visible become visible logged in or out?

Thanks
        Alan A. Shaw
        Designer, owner
        Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/f...garding-m30-1/ post #60

not logged in I see all thumbnails and when I click on them they open in a new tab with an enhanced view
          logged in as test1234 I see no thumbnails, only the links, but when I click on them behaviour is same as not logged in

Firefox on Ubuntu

and exactly the same behaviour with Chromium on Ubuntu

Comment

Logged in I get links which open properly in a new window
            Logged out I get thumbnails which also open in a new window
            Using Microsoft Edge with Windows 10

Comment

Working...
            X