Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Devialet DPremier plus Harbeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devialet DPremier plus Harbeth

Does anyone have experience with the DPremier and SHL5's? I have heard them with a Thorens TT and was blown away.

I like the advanced design, power and fact its only one box with everything. Simplifies life and is beautiful. But super expensive.....

I have used mine with my P3ES speakers. Sounds sublime. Small too, easy to install and very flexible. I am a big fan.

Comment

It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

Comment

Originally posted by garmtz View Post
        It is very good for a 10K amp, but to me, it sounds lifeless... Like most Class D amps.

It isn't a class D amp. It seems completely transparent to me - but that is just pehaps what I would expect, as an engineer! It is the first amp I have tried to match my old Goldmund in timbre, clarity and dynamics and very much less expensive.

Comment

Not to be a wet blanket to you but i heard a Naim Nait 5i sounding more natural & musically convincing in direct comparison to a much more expensive Goldmund pre/power combo. Both amps were driving M40. IMO, the Goldmund sounded artificial in tone & did not have that 'flow' when delivering the music. So if the Devialet is anything like the Goldmund, then it'd probably not be my cup of tea.

Comment

Found this interesting thread comparing the Devialet & a Tron pre/power. This thread further confirms my suspicion that the Devialet is a very very good hifi sounding amp. After having read the comparison, i am now even more intrigued to listen to a Tron pre/power. After all, i heard a Tron seven phono stage on a Harbeth SHL-5 setup & came away very impressed. And its made in UK!

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=104935

Comment

Working...
            X