Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Which Harbeth for my Naim Supernait setup ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Harbeth for my Naim Supernait setup ?

Dear All

Just looking which speakers could match my current setup (see below), to eventually replace my D15

What i'm looking for, is speakers with less high (fill SN pairing D15 a bit aggressive when listen violin of voice in Opera...and this with both Vinyl and Streamer a source...) Also looking for a sweet, voiced medium.

- 40% pop
    - 60% Classic and Jazz

My room :
    A bit less than 25m2 (4.10x5.40mx2,30m) and more on the dark side of the neutrality (wall-to-wall carpet, with wood furniture)

Listening position :
    circa 2.6 in front of the speakers, with circa 1.2max behind me
    1.2 max Behind speakers
    2.2 m Between Speakers
    Closer near wall at 80cm from the right speaker, not limit to the left one.

My Setup :
    =======
    • SN + Hicap
    • Avid Diva II
    • Stage line "N"
    • Naca5
    • Proac D15
    • Temporary source (via NAS) Logitech SqueezeBox 3 using Supernait DAC

Tks for your advice

Phil

Originally posted by banyon100
    Hi Phil

I auditioned both Harbeth and Naim at the same time. It was my first exposure to both brands. I loved the sound and felt they were a great match.

I ended up buying the SHL5's and the Naim XS. The SuperNait sounded wonderful with the C7's and SHL5's but I bought the XS because it sounded just as magical with the Harbeth's and I already had a decent DAC

I have read posts that the SuperNait is a good match for the P3ESR as well so I don't think you will have any problem matching your SuperNait successfully.

Good luck,
    Jeff
    Tks Jeff for your feedback.

Unfortunately it will not be possible for me to listen a pair of SHL5 or C7 before next year, because the nearest Dealer (500 km from my home) has not order those model for this year. So need to see if there will be available in Y11 ;-)

Phil

Comment

Working...
    X