Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Which turntables do You use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor-standing turntable! Wonderful!

Sota Sapphire, Origin Live RB250, Denon 103R

Comment

Originally posted by Labarum View Post
      Now don't you go upsetting members Kittykat. I said I hadn't owned a turntable is close to 25 years.

My wife inherited a house with contents and we do have

Now why didn't my wife's uncle go on to buy a Quad amp and electrostatics!
      Snap

This belonged to my grandparents and sounds sublime with 78's

Still works!

I seem to have unsuspectingly built up a mottley collection of turntables with more to come, but I'm not allowed to post various images...

The next project, now with fresh armboard..

2.photobucket.com/albums/q8/DSJR_photos/DSCF0411.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I hope your Pye Black box is in better condition than mine, Dave. My cabinet is rather badly knocked about, which is a pity, because they were finely made.

I once had a Technics direct drive deck similar to yours. It had an integrated, automated arm.

I had a Goldring GL 75 and when I was a teenager I bought a cheap Garrard single player and built a box for it. I used that (mono) with a single valve amp and a Wharfedale 8 RS DD speaker unit in a home made 2 cubic foot corner enclosure to a design in a Wharfedale booklet.

I could not afford the Super 8 RS DD with the bigger magnet! I was still at school. It might have been 1965/6 !
        Last edited by Labarum; 18-06-2010, 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

Brian7500, wow... 2 2nd system with turntable, sounds cool

I am currently using a P2-24 with Dynvector P-74 mkII phono stage with Dynvector xx2 mkII cart, a set of isolation rubber balls to solve my muffling problems I once had.. forgotten the names to those balls though...

Comment

I am using a Rega P3-24 with Dynavector P-75 mkII phono stage, cartridge, also a Dynavector xx2 mkII. Vibration control... with these rubber balls... cannot remember the name of the manufacturer though... but it helps with my "muffling" issues

Comment

Using an Inspire Eclipse with Rega RB251 and Ortofon 2M Red. Hoping to upgrade the cartridge soon. Am loving getting back into my vinyl collection, although requires a bit more patience than CD!

Comment

Originally posted by tein3 View Post
                I am using a Rega P3-24 with Dynavector P-75 mkII phono stage, cartridge, also a Dynavector xx2 mkII. Vibration control... with these rubber balls... cannot remember the name of the manufacturer though... but it helps with my "muffling" issues
                Isobearings? Here a Wilson Benesch 'Full Circle' with Lehmann Black Cube phono stage.

Comment

I'm using the VPI Superscoutmaster signature w/heavy platter upgrade. Arm is JMW signature 9". I have also changed the junction box to run balanced.
                  Phonostage is BAT VK-P10, cartridge is Dynavector XX2 MKII, phonocable is pr. of AQ Skys.

Comment

Hi garmtz, yes! They are the Isobearings, thanks for the reminder I was just talking about it last evening to a friend which I just could not recall... hahahaha, sign of getting old?

Comment

VPi Scout, JMW 9", Dynavector XX2 MkII, Trichord Research Dino with Dino+ PSU phono stage.

The XX2 brought more awesomeness in combination with the Harbeth sound.

Comment

My turntables and cartridges ...

Kuzmas Stabi 2, Stogi reference, Micro Benz Ruby MKII, Jolida JD9, Viva Solista, as digital source I use PC (flac), Behrinnger Ultramacht 2496 DAC or HRT streamer

Comment

My turntable arm and cartridge

SOTA Sapphire TT, RB250 tonearm and Dynavector 20XH cart.

Comment

My system(s)

Here we go, my first reply in this wonderful forum:

Set 1: Transrotor Fat Bob S with magnetic bearing, Rega RB 250 modified, Benz Ace H with direct Cabel to an Graham Slee Gram Amp II se

Set 2: Thorens TD 160 Super (with 10mm Bearing) new frame (4 cm deep), Pro Ject Motor control unit, SME 3009 II with direct cabel and Ortofon 540 II.

Both are running with an Unison Unico SE Integrated Amplifier and (YET!!!) Dyaudio Focus 140.

I am planning to buy some P3 ESR pretty soon.

Regards

Michael

{Moderator's comment: welcome. What a great decks.}

Comment

My turntable

VPI Scout, JMW arm, Dynavector 10X5 cart, and Jolida JD9 phono amp.
                              Amplification is with a PrimaLuna Prologue 2.

Comment

Luxman PD-300 / Grace G-704 Unipivot / Ortofon HMC 30 LOMC

Comment

Working...
                                X