Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Which turntables do You use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which turntables do You use?

As the title says:

Which turntable, tonearm, cartridge and riaa do You use in Your Harbeth systems?

I am planning the build of a new system that certainly will include a new turntable.

So please give me a bit of inspiration ;-)

I am pretty enjoying my vintage tt sansui sr-222 with denon dl110 hocm caart feed into azur 640p. For music, more than enough.
    Attached Files
    "Bath with Music"

Comment

Thorens 125 Mk2, SME 3009 series III, Fidelity Research MC201 through a Blue Circle phonostage.

Comment

I haven't had a turntable or`any LPs for close to a`quarter century.

Comment

Originally posted by Labarum View Post
          I haven't had a turntable or`any LPs for close to a`quarter century.
          Too bad for You. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Comment

I do not have Harbeths in my system yet, but I use VPI Scoutmaster with Lyra Dorian. RIAA stage is EAR 834P.

Comment

Well, Matti, you'll just have to go out and get a pair!

As for turntables, I have three of them in my house, making me a certified analog dinosaur (an Analogosaurus, perhaps?). In my main system, A VPI HW-19 Mk. IV, Well Tempered Arm, Grado Sonata cartridge. Downstairs, a Project X-Pression with Project Speed Box and a Grado Signature 10 MR cartridge. This low budget rig comes very close to the VPI set-up, and I would heartily recommend the Project line to anyone looking to get into analog without spending a fortune. Finally, we have a vintage Thorens TD 160 with a Grado Gold cartridge. I like Grado...

Comment

I currently use vintage Micro Seiki with Audio Technica AT-33PTG cartridge. Phono amp is a Trigon Vanguard II. Though very modest overall but still an excellent combination IMHO.

Comment

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck, Rega RB250, Goldring 1040, ANT Kora 3T

Comment

Thorens TD160 Mk2 with AT35E cartridge. does the job for me!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2678/...f3c111b3_o.jpg
                    Paul

"If all else fails, read the instructions"

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat View Post
                      Mothballed stock Project RPM4. Used a few times until got tired of cleaning discs, and getting up to flip the record over. Will trade for something useful eg. hair-dryer, nail clippers or a good tool set.
                      Now don't you go upsetting members Kittykat. I said I hadn't owned a turntable is close to 25 years.

My wife inherited a house with contents and we do have

Still works!

Now why didn't my wife's uncle go on to buy a Quad amp and electrostatics!
                      Last edited by Labarum; 17-06-2010, 01:58 PM. Reason: Image too bg

Comment

Oh, and I also have one of these, but the tracking weight is rather high.

Its a floor stander

Comment

VPI Classic with a Sumiko Blackbird.

As I post listening to Ella & Louis Sing Gershwin. 'S wonderful!

Comment

SOTA turntable, Dynavector 20X (high gain), RB250 tonearm.

Comment

Working...
                            X