Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Requesting a Harbeth made subwoofer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Requesting a Harbeth made subwoofer

Originally posted by Supersnake View Post
    A big smile is showing on my face now...
    Glad to read this - thanks!
    Hi Supersnake,

May I know if you had tried by yourself to connect the LFD Zero III speaker output to the nuetrik input on the SLX200 mkII?

Cheers
    "Bath with Music"

Comment

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
      But, just recently I heard my friend int a at least 15yrs old REL strata sub, a 60wtts powered sub only, with SHL5 with incredible result. No booming bass, no blur bass, no slow bass, no smoky bass, no lagging bass, can not localise the sub and feel rather hear the bass...Be very honest, that is the 1st time I heard a sub can int perfectly with stereo speakers play all kind of music musically...Lesson learnt. If got chance, I want to re-experience sub int to my harbeth again.
      My pulse has increased reading that, am glad to learn what you reported.

May I know if you had tried by yourself to connect the LFD Zero III speaker output to the nuetrik input on the SLX200 mkII?
      I haven't purchased the SLX200 yet. I wanted to obtain some reports such as yours before making my purchase.

I think Valdo concern is really need to be carefull with.
      Thanks for your forewarning. Will check with the agent who sold me the LFD Zero III and will also check with the agent selling the subwoofer.

Best regards.

Comment

I haven't purchased the SLX200 yet. I wanted to obtain some reports such as yours before making my purchase.

Thanks for your forewarning. Will check with the agent who sold me the LFD Zero III and will also check with the agent selling the subwoofer.
        Best regards.
        Pls keep me posted...I do like to know if the LFD zero III can connected to the neutrik/high level.
        "Bath with Music"

Comment

Pls keep me posted...I do like to know if the LFD zero III can connected to the neutrik/high level.
          I spoke to the English agent who sells the SLX200. He looked up some specifications on the LFD zero III and told me it being a Class A/B should pose no problems. I told him that some Harbeth forum members cautioned me to be sure the LFD can be connected to a netrik/high level. His reply was that he saw no reason to be concerned.

I was told that the UPS carriage (freight charge) to ship from England to where I live in the United States would cost $250 pounds. He offered to check with a private shipper in Great Britain or Ireland that may be less expensive. On top of the carriage there would also be USA import tariffs. Hearing this discourage me and I decided to look around for a different subwoofer that can be purchased in the United States.

And so I did...

Now I would like to get either the REL T3 for $598 (USD) http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_t3.htm
          or a REL T2 for $798 (USD) http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_t2.htm.

Comment

You can check with Tom_hankins on Audiogon as he is using a REL R-505 with the SHL5. Not too sure if he has tried the T-series of subwoofers on the Harbeth, and if yes he would be able to offer a better comparison between the T and R series of REL subs.

Comment

Alternatively, you can contact him here in the thread below.

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/showthread.php?t=31

I believe his username is trh8654 in this forum.

Comment

I spoke to the English agent who sells the SLX200. He looked up some specifications on the LFD zero III and told me it being a Class A/B should pose no problems. I told him that some Harbeth forum members cautioned me to be sure the LFD can be connected to a netrik/high level. His reply was that he saw no reason to be concerned.

I was told that the UPS carriage (freight charge) to ship from England to where I live in the United States would cost $250 pounds. He offered to check with a private shipper in Great Britain or Ireland that may be less expensive. On top of the carriage there would also be USA import tariffs. Hearing this discourage me and I decided to look around for a different subwoofer that can be purchased in the United States.

And so I did...

Now I would like to get either the REL T3 for $598 (USD) http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_t3.htm
                or a REL T2 for $798 (USD) http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_t2.htm.
                Hi supersnake,
                Thanks for the info.
                I think if you need a sub for music only, REL is the one you can not miss. REL initial goal was a pure music sub for stereo. The REL's high level connection is all abt sub synergy with any stereo setup. If you can find older model like Strata, Storm, etc, are worth trying. As I mentioned, I heard a very old Strata 1 (at least 15yrs old)matched pretty well with SHL5. The sound is so good and now, even I failed in pass, I must try the REL sub again.

Cheers~~
                "Bath with Music"

Comment

Working...
                X