Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

When I first saw the Harbeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I first saw the Harbeth

I too reacted some what like here.

ST
    p.s.I bought the CD yesterday.

Re: When I first saw the Harbeth

Amazing!

But, as to the shape, I'll have to disagree...

Hartbeth is a top level speaker in terms of performance, inspired engineering and eco-green behaviour.
    Mean while, its shape goes like this:

http://my.opera.com/edda1/albums/sho...cture=12574561

Who doesn't like this?

Cheers,
    Thanos

Comment

Be very honest...I do not like the car look...no hard feeling :)

When I 1st saw Harbeth, I tabbed on it and told my friend "What a design huh? Sure I can buld better" I was in love with rigid box (e.g Matrix box) in that particular period...
      "Bath with Music"

Comment

Well, folks,
        OK, I give up...
        It's a matter of personal taste I guess...
        But, what I really wanted to say, is that many times we look at the outer image without knowing what might exist behind or under it...
        In order to help smiling, and of course to remind to the lovers of modern of what the "old school of engineering" can do, also to those that think anything old can't compete anything new, I invite you, especially our friends at Harbeth HQ -including Alan, to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIsLsDXXJUE

Enjoy!

Thanos

Comment

In my eyes the Harbeth speakers are stunningly beautiful! I love the BBC pedigree.

I adore the grilles, the Harbeth badge and the magnificent cabinet.

Call me old fashioned but there is NOTHING better when listening to BBC Radio 3 - Classical music and the Arts in depth - "The Envy of the World" in my small bedroom of an old terraced house.

Comment

Oh..I think I need to add...my previous post was reflected how I felt on its box design, internally...beside that, I actually love Harbeth look, when I 1st saw it. :)
            "Bath with Music"

Comment

I've always liked the Harbeth classic BBC loudspeaker look. To me, they look more like proper & serious loudspeakers rather than the many fanciful boxes that we see on the hifi scene nowadays. Its an evergreen design not only on physical aspects but on technical & sonic aspects as well. Listening to well recorded music on Harbeth makes for the most involving & musically complete experience that one can ever ask for.

Comment

Working...
              X