Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Share a virtual mince pie in HUG Skype multi-user meetup - open to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share a virtual mince pie in HUG Skype multi-user meetup - open to all

Good afternoon HUG

I wondered whether some of you may be interested in a virtual HUG mult-visitor meetup via Skype between Christmas and New Year with Alan? As Skype Business users, it should be possible to simultaneously connect at least 10 Huggers in real time.

This would be a light-hearted chat about hi-fi and may feature the future owner of Harbeth - Alan's Granddaughter!

If anyone would be willing to take part in a practice run to test multiple users, please comment below!

Only equipment needed - Skype, and a microphone.
    Emma Smith
    Brand Manager
    Harbeth Audio UK

Sounds like fun. I am a frequent user of skype video conferencing. Count me in - depending on my schedule of course.

Comment

Working...
    X