Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Tweet us?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweet us?

Get the very latest Harbeth news wherever you are, via Twitter.

Harbeth UK is @harbethHQ

Please follow us and discover what's happening throughout the Harbeth family. A big thank you to those who have found us already. We promise to keep you up-to-date with news from the factory and with our distributors and dealers worldwide.
    Harbeth PR,
    Harbeth UK

Dislike digital media!

I dislike all the digital social media! (OK, surely not the forums I am interested in) I mean Hyves, Twitter and the alike :-(
    Certainly not when it is private information that one wants to share :-(
    I am too old for this and specifically not interested at all!

Please keep us well/maybe better? informed (special section?) here on the HUG too?

{Moderator's comment: Alan has been persuaded that it's necessary to "have a digital presence".}

Comment

Twitter for the masses?

Originally posted by Cyreg View Post
      Alan has been persuaded that it's necessary to "have a digital presence".
      Harbeth does already have a "digital presence" - its website and forum.

But tweet away - doesn't bother me in the least. Those who want tweets can follow; those who don't, won't.

It's just that I think of Twitter as a medium for fast-moving, ephemeral kinds of information, in a way that is quick but not deep. That seems to be the antithesis of Harbeth's modus operandi.

So it will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Comment

Tweetin and Harbeth?

Considering the nature of the (Harbeth) business, I do not feel tweeting makes any sense.

Tweeting lends itself to business which are more dynamic in nature (eg consumer electronics with short product life and often requiring new marketing messages or short term initiatives to keep consumer interested in the name).

Comment

Tweet

no, donīt need all this social datamining things. the classical touch of harbeth does not need twitter. i feel the representative harbeth customer will be sceptical concerning this...

best,
          delgesu
          Harbeth M40.1-Naim NAC52-Supercap-NAP 135-CDS2-XPS

Comment

Tweeting

"...just finished production of a Monitor 40.1 by mounting its tweeter to the cabinet". A typical "tweet"?

I, for one, don't feel it's necessary.

{Moderator's comment: this was a fresh idea that we're now reviewing. One issue is that we just do not have the free-time to do it justice.}

Comment

Twitter - unique

I feel pleased harbeth are going to enter the world of twitter. The user group is unique in the world of hifi, and I have no doubts that A.S. and the team will have something interesting to impart to twitter. I'll be following.

Comment

what happened to the newsletter? is a new one coming soon ?

{Moderator's comment: yes it is}

Comment

Very interested re-tweet appeared here from someone in the What hi-fi organisation here

Obviously didn't try #harbeth RT @whathifi Not all the speakers we've tested recently have impressed us http://www.whathifi.com/reviews
                  Is the pendulum about to swing back from cheap and mass produced to quality hand made?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I will never register for Tweeter or any other social network, ever. I regard those outlets as anything but elite, sorry.

Besides we have a close community of socialization right here.

{Moderator's comment: actually, our subscription to Twitter is *not* intended for you, Harbeth users. The primary objective is direct access to opinion makers in media and commerce. Example: the feedback from WHF magazine. That may not be obvious to you as a consumer. It's really a business-to-business tool for us.}

Comment

Extended exposure ....

{Moderator's comment: actually, our subscription to Twitter is *not* intended for you, Harbeth users. The primary objective is direct access to opinion makers in media and commerce. Example: the feedback from WHF magazine. That may not be obvious to you as a consumer. It's really a business-to-business tool for us.}

I see, well in that case Harbeth as a business entity would benefit from that mode of extended exposure.

{Moderator's comment: it is very interesting to note that a phone call to a media person may never get past the switchboard. A mobile phonecall may be ignored. But Tweet him and you get direct access and most likely a response. An interesting business tool.}

Comment

Working...
                      X