Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Your audio industry - challenges and opportunities ...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small courtesy to the factory?

Originally posted by A.S. View Post
    ...Over Christmas I received numerous private emails from a customer who wanted a pair of speakers in a particular veneer not in stock in his local market...
    I understand that this second-hand transaction has or is going through today. We do sympathise though that none of our dealers could possibly be expected to include accessories with a ticket price equalling the speakers themselves.

I personally regret that the customer (see my previous post, one up) has not advised us here at the factory that we should cancel the build of the new speakers that he so desperately needed. It needs several hours to completely assemble, test and pack the speakers from pre-tested parts, time wasted when we are already way behind due to the weather. The real pity is that going forward we at Harbeth UK cannot be expected to engage directly with customers in markets where there is already a functioning distribution network to discuss special deliveries etc. etc. and certainly not during staff holidays. Enquiries, orders and progress chasing should be enacted through the proper channels i.e. with our Authorised Dealers.

There are no Warranties on used goods and they cannot be registered for extended Warranty. We have marked the Production Records for this pair accordingly. How loyal, hard working audio dealers tolerate this all-too-common situation beats me. How can we retain our industry in these tough times for the benefit of all unless we all pull together and cooperate and don't 'chase deals'?
    Alan A. Shaw
    Designer, owner
    Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

There has never been a more important time to support your high street 'bricks and mortar' dealer store.

We all seek best value for money, and judging by the increase in on-line consumption activity in society generally, it's a trend that's not going away. However, high end audio and on-line sales are not natural partners, as the personal demonstration and dealer relationship and guidance is such a vital part of the process.

The latest retail activity figures from the USA are truly shocking. They show that electrical stores are closing at an astonishing rate, here.

It's human nature to take advantage of any situation until its potential is exhausted, and we all do it. But my appeal to you is, please support your high street dealer whilst you have one. The quality audio industry will be the poorer when they've all gone.
      Alan A. Shaw
      Designer, owner
      Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Working...
      X