Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Harbeth Newsletter: No.26 December 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbeth Newsletter: No.26 December 2011

Here is the final newsletter of 2011 and, as usual, there's a selection of the latest news from the worldwide Harbeth family.

There are details of the new R&D facility, Harbeth installed at the home of one of the UK's biggest daily TV soaps, plans for the high end Munich Show, how we help out a community youth project in north-east England, and the fabulous news of a coveted award from Poland for the flagship M40.1 monitor - plus lots more.

As always, your stories for inclusion in future issues are most welcome!

This Newsletter is 4MB and may take a little while to download.
    Attached Files
    Harbeth PR,
    Harbeth UK

Nl #26

Well done!

Comment

Problem opening Harbeth News Letter December 2011 (No.26)

Pleased to see there's a new newsletter, but there seems to be a problem when I try to open the file. The message on my screen says - "There was an error opening this document. File is damaged and could not be repaired."

Is that a problem at Harbeth's end or mine?

Comment

Checked on two pcs and Android and ok.

Comment

Ok second d/load

It didn't work for me the first time, but I tried again and it downloaded ok (MacBook Pro)...

Great newsletter, thanks for sending!

Comment

Newsletter 26 now working - my PC was the problem

Originally posted by HUG-1 View Post
            Checked on two pcs and Android and ok.
            Thanks, I've got it working now. My PC was just being temperamental.

Another great newsletter - am looking forward to the 35th Anniversary projects!

Comment

MAC Book won't open

Hi, unable to open the Newsletter on Mac Book.

{moderator's comment: sorry to hear that but it is authored as a completely ISO standard compliant PDF.}

Comment

No problem on my MacBook ....

Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
                Hi, unable to open the Newsletter on Mac Book.
                Opened with zero difficulty on my MacBook - perhaps you have some other issue?

Comment

Can't open

Originally posted by GregD View Post
                  Pleased to see there's a new newsletter, but there seems to be a problem when I try to open the file. The message on my screen says - "There was an error opening this document. File is damaged and could not be repaired."

Is that a problem at Harbeth's end or mine?
                  Same here when I try to open it on my PC (XP os).

It was not able to open it on my ipad unlike other PDF files I have opened before.

Comment

35th Anniversary?

I read the following in the Newsletter:

"The beautifully refurbished facility is up and running and he is already busy working on developments for Harbeth’s 35th anniversary year in 2012."

I wonder what that might be...

Comment

Corrup file?

I seem to be downloading a corrupt file too. 3.33MB is the latest filesize, while a 2.76MB file was downloaded previously, even though it's supposed to be 4.1MB.
                      Paul

"If all else fails, read the instructions"

Comment

OK now

seems OK now. Thanks

{Moderator's comment: nothing changed this side! Must be internet issue!}

weird!
                        Last edited by Paul G Smith; 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: comment added
                        Paul

"If all else fails, read the instructions"

Comment

Working...
                        X