Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Harbeth Newsletter: No.27 February 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbeth Newsletter: No.27 February 2012

Hello, and welcome to an anniversary year of Harbeth Newsletters.

Issue 27 contains the usual mix of news from the factory and the international Harbeth family. Read about a major (and literal! breakthrough) on the production line, how our speakers keep-on winning awards, Alan spills the beans to Far East audiophiles, and we take the first of many looks through the archive to reveal some gems as Harbeth marks its 35th birthday.

Happy reading.
    Attached Files
    Harbeth PR,
    Harbeth UK

Newsletter problem?

The newsletter appeared to download normally here, but opening the pdf produced an empty page. I repeated the download and the same thing happened.

Bruce

{Moderator's comment: Alan and I just checked it on his/my home PC and it seems OK here. Opens immediately in Acrobat. Any other problems?}

Comment

Pdf.

The Newsletter does not open here either. Says Adobe has problem and can't configure.

Noel.
      http://www.skylanstands.com/

{Moderator's comment: don't know what to say. It's OK here on four PCs}

Comment

Exact same experience as Skylan for me.

Comment

Works OK on my PC.

Comment

Old version

If you can't read it then you are using an out-of-date Acrobat reader or a non-compliant Acrobat reader. We have no problem opening with the official Adobe free reader which you should be using for security reasons on your computer.

Download Adobe Reader here and make sure you keep it fully patched and up to date. Updates are issued every week or two.

For you, here is a backwards compatible version of the PDF Newsletter 27 attached...
            Attached Files

Comment

OK here

No problem on my PC as well. And as usual, an excellent read. Good to hear that the C7ES3 is still topping the charts in Japan.

Comment

OK ipad/laptop

Ok with IPad and laptop.

ST

Comment

Galaxy OK

No issue with my Samsung galaxy SII download.
                  "Bath with Music"

Comment

Np

No problems for me.

Jim

Comment

Adobe OK

No problems here, adobe fully updated

Comment

Backwards compatible OK

The Backwards version of the PDF works really good, how did you know that i can be sometimes a Backwards kinda guy? :-)

Noel.

{Moderator's comment: Please confirm which exact version of Acrobat reader you are using. Thank you.}

Comment

My obsolete Acrobat V8

Acrobat,
                          Actually I am apparently using an outdated version, 8.3.1 Normally I get prompted with auto updates but haven't had a few lately. Will just have to go directly to the Acrobat site and update.

Noel.

{Moderator's comment: Version 8? You are exposing yourself to a serious security hole there! CAn we no remove the backwards compatible version of NL 27?}

Comment

Nl 27

Great newsletter - another big year for Harbeth. Looking forward to more info from the archives...

Comment

Happy 35th!

Fun newsletter as always...Happy 35th!

Comment

Working...
                              X