Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Belated 'thank yous' to the Harbeth team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated 'thank yous' to the Harbeth team

It has been my great pleasure recently to purchase a beautiful pair of SHL 5 speakers, and I thought that I should give a public airing to thank a few people with whom I had dealings while purchasing my speakers. By way of clarification, I live in Australia, which does not, as yet, have a Harbeth distributor. This obviously makes auditioning these wonderful speakers very difficult, and so my first thank you goes to Mr Jimmy Goh, who owns (or runs) a shop in the wonderful Adelphi Centre in Singapore. He was kind enough to let me listen to 3 different models on a recent stopover via Singapore and when I explained that I lived in Australia, informed me that I could approach Harbeth directly to make my purchase. How kind and selfless of him - he is a credit to the Harbeth distributorship.

The second person I would like to publicly thank is Mr Andy Sinden of Harbeth, who went out of his way to help me, even to sharing my angst when the 2 speakers became separated by UPS!!! One would have imagined that it was his children that he was sending me. So, thank you very much for your help, too, Andy.

Finally, Noel Nolan of Skylan was wonderfully helpful when I purchased my stands from him, even including a few freebies to soften the blow of the shipping charges downunder. This has without a doubt been one of the simplest purchases I have made (and my long-suffering wife will attest to the fact that I have made a lot of these over the years!).

Finally, am I happy with my purchase?? Most assuredly!!!! I have spent more time in the company of my music system in the last 4 weeks than in the preceding year. I have hardly even played any golf (and I live on 2 golf courses!!!) so thank you to all at Harbeth for what you have made.

Congratulations on purchasing one of the finest electro-acoustic transducers ever made, nochblian!

Andy Sinden is a true gentleman. The people at Harbeth are helpful & then some. This makes the Harbeth experience complete and results in even greater pride of ownership.

Happy listening!

Comment

Working...
    X