Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Densen DM-10 with Harbeth P3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Densen DM-10 with Harbeth P3

I'm pleased to share with you some good feedback that i found in Densen's website.

I use the DM10 with Dynaudio Audience 50 speakers. That said, this combo does not move me as much as when I use the DM10 with Harbeth HL-P3 speakers. Here, the sound has very good soundstage and the speakers still "disappear". The soundstage is a bit less wide, and the sound overall is a bit "darker": although the treble and bass are still quite extended, there is more emphasis on the midrange. I find this suits vocals (they still sound very clear but more lucid/fluid) and chamber works very well. Since I'm a midrange junkie, this is the combo I prefer best.

I have much enjoyed my Densen DM10, to the extent that I no longer could find a reason to keep upgrading my hi-fi system (CD player is Primare D30.2, speakers Harbeth HL-P3). Well, maybe one of these days I will replace the P3 with HL5s......

I have used the DM-10 with Dynaudio Audience 50 and Harbeth HL-P3 speakers (with Harbeth Bass Xtenders). They have very different presentations, and I very much prefer the Harbeths......

The DM-10/HL-P3 combo is more focused in terms of soundstaging and also on the midrange, as if there is a flashlight beam being shone on you when you sit in front of the speakers. It's more suited for vocals and small chamber works, which I listen to most often. It is still transparent, with many layers -- when listening to music I had listened to countless times before, I was amazed at the degree with which I could hear into the recording. I have been amazed to discover that in some songs where I previously thought there was only one vocal -- the lead singer's -- there were actually 2 or 3 layered vocals. Not only that, I can even tell how many different people were singing, and at what pitch!

I have the DM-10 and I have used it with Dynaudio Audience 50's and Harbeth HL-P3's. I much prefer the synergy with the latter speakers. I might try it with a Compact 7 one of these days... I have read it's a good combo.

Re: Densen DM-10 with Harbeth P3

Make sure you hear the new p3esr's,before you purchase any other speaker.

Comment

hello,
      How you people think Densen works with harbeth monitor 20? I could buy a second hand Densen beat 100, how much euros you think is a good price for a second hand one?

thanks

Comment

I finally bought a densen beat 100 7 months ago, if someone has questions i will be happy to answer.

Comment

Hi kerouack,

What speaker cable did u use? I find densen Beat B100 lack of mid-low.

Regards Wayne

Originally posted by kerouack View Post
          I finally bought a densen beat 100 7 months ago, if someone has questions i will be happy to answer.

Comment

Sorry i see this message 8 months later. Can not remember my cables, nothing special, white ones, 15 euros/meter.

Comment

Working...
            X