Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Harbeth after-care service: my experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbeth after-care service: my experience

I would like to write about the outstanding service that was provided by Harbeth – and production manager Andy Sinden in particular – recently after the house maid broke the midrange driver of one of my M40.1 speakers, hitting the unit with the tip of the hose of the vacuum cleaner.

In a matter of days, Harbeth and Andy organised the safe shipping to the factory, as there’s no Harbeth dealer where I live and safe, careful transportation can be a problem, had a perfectly matching driver installed and the speaker sent back!

I don’t know if I should mention this, as it certainly cannot reasonably be expected to be a general policy, but Harbeth did not want to charge for the driver itself, feeling they should make a gesture to ease the distress of my misfortune and reward my honesty concerning the problem.

This way of handling things is most reassuring these days. Harbeth’s statements about their vision of audio, music, customer long term satisfaction, are not marketing or cheap claims, as I now can testify. Thank you Harbeth and Andy for the great work, and providing music lovers such great products and service.

Good customer service tends to be underestimated when people consider what to buy as it is seldom - if ever - mentioned in product reviews. Your account of Harbeth's service is heartening.

Comment

Well done Harbeth's Andy!

Originally posted by Haddock View Post
      I would like to write about the outstanding service that was provided by Harbeth – and production manager Andy Sinden in particular – recently after the house maid broke the midrange driver of one of my M40.1 speakers, hitting the unit with the tip of the hose of the vacuum cleaner.

In a matter of days, Harbeth and Andy organised the safe shipping to the factory, as there’s no Harbeth dealer where I live and safe, careful transportation can be a problem, had a perfectly matching driver installed and the speaker sent back!

I don’t know if I should mention this, as it certainly cannot reasonably be expected to be a general policy, but Harbeth did not want to charge for the driver itself, feeling they should make a gesture to ease the distress of my misfortune and reward my honesty concerning the problem.

This way of handling things is most reassuring these days. Harbeth’s statements about their vision of audio, music, customer long term satisfaction, are not marketing or cheap claims, as I now can testify. Thank you Harbeth and Andy for the great work, and providing music lovers such great products and service.
      I required new foam grilles for my 20 years old HL-P3s, which are normally unavailable. Andy Sinden informed me Harbeth had commissioned a number of pairs and still had a pair in stock. After payment they arrived quickly. It's good to have the original 'look' of the P3s back. I could probably sourced a pair from elsewhere, but I suspect they wouldn't have looked the same. Well done, Harbeth !

Comment

Good Harbeth

Originally posted by Miles MG View Post
        I required new foam grilles for my 20 years old HL-P3s, which are normally unavailable. Andy Sinden informed me Harbeth had commissioned a number of pairs and still had a pair in stock. After payment they arrived quickly. It's good to have the original 'look' of the P3s back. I could probably sourced a pair from elsewhere, but I suspect they wouldn't have looked the same. Well done, Harbeth !
        great to hear this. this is exactly what Harbeth are looking for. it will serve us many good years

Comment

Working...
        X