Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Which cd player to add to a LFD Zero MK III LE - Harbeth M30 combination?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cd player to add to a LFD Zero MK III LE - Harbeth M30 combination?

Hello,

I'm looking for a cd player or Cd transport/DAC combination to add to my LFD Zero III - M30 combination.

Anyone any experience with:

Luxman D-38u cd player
    Meridian 500 MKII - 563 DAC
    Njoe Tjoeb Reference
    Northstar Sapphire

Thanks for your advice
    Toro

I can not help on the cdps you listed there. But what I want to say is your Le3 + M30 = music paradise. Congratulation!
    "Bath with Music"

Comment

LFD + CD players + Harbeth

It's a pity that LFD haven't got their own CD player or even a 'tweaked' player but as they haven't, I get excellent results with the Rega players - Apollo, Saturn and Isis. The Naim players are all very good and so is the EAR Acute.

All are excellent with the LFD and Harbeth M30's. They are all well made, reliable and have great back-up should you need it.

Comment

LFD Mistral CD player?

Hello Dave and Keith,

Thanks for your replies. Any idea where to find a discontinued LFD Mistral cd player? Would you advise a solid state cd player or one with tubes, or both?

Comment

LFD Mistral CD

Hi Toro,

There is a Mistral cdp in this Singapore site.
          http://listeninn.com/catalog/CD-Play...Audio-Mistral/

I did not experience any tube cdp so far. My currently cdps are marantz cd17mk3 and cd6000ki. I also have a self modded China brand 6922 tube Dac call Lite Dac 50 (using dual BB63 K grade dac chips). All give different presentation. Listen to either one of them depand on my mood by turning my LFD selector switch.
          "Bath with Music"

Comment

PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD player

I very much like the sound of tubes, and I have been very happy with the PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD player. Be sure to specify the upgraded chip. The Absolute Sound has a review, that describes how tube rolling can change the quality of the sound.

Comment

Singapore shop?

Hi Keith,

Do you know this shop in Singapore yourself?

Comment

Singapore shop

Hi Toro,

I roughly know where the shop located in Singpoare but I never been there myself.
                "Bath with Music"

Comment

Working...
                X