Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

INTRODUCTION- PLEASE READ FIRST TO UNDERSTAND THIS FORUM!

"This Harbeth User Group (HUG) is the Manufacturer's own managed forum dedicated to natural sound, realisable by controlling the confounding variables between tthe microphone and the listeners' ears.

For example, the design of and interaction between the hifi amplifier and its speaker load can and potentially will alter the sound balance of what you hear. To reproduce the sounds captured by the recording microphones, as Harbeth speakers are designed to do, you would naturally select system components (sources, electronics, cables and so on) that do not color the sound before it reaches the speakers.

Identifying components for their system neutrality should, logically, start with the interpretation and analysis of their technical, objective performance, as any and every deviation from a measurably flat frequency response at any point along the serial chain from microphone to ear is very likely to cause the total system to have an audible sonic personality. That includes the contribution of the listening room itself.

HUG specialises in making complex technical matters simple to understand, aiding the identification of audio components likely to maintain a faithful relationship between the recorded sound and the sound you hear. With our heritage of natural sound, HUG cannot be really be expected to guide in the selection, approval, endorsement or even discussion of equipment that is intend to introduce a significantly personalised sound to the audio signal chain. For that you should do your own research and above all, make the effort to visit an Authorised Dealer and listen to your music at your loudness on your loudspeakers through the various electronics offered there. There is no on-line substitute for that time investment in a dealer's showroom.

If you desire to intentionally tune your system sound to your personal taste, please consider carefully how much you should rely upon the subjective opinions of strangers. Their hearing acuity and taste will be different to yours, as will be their motives and budget, their listening distance, listening loudness and listening room treatment, not necessarily leading to appropriate equipment selection and listening satisfaction for you.

Alternatively, if faithfully reproducing the sound intended by the composer, score, conductor and musicians over your speakers is your audio dream, then understanding something of the issues likely to fulfill that objective is what this forum has been helping with since 2006. Welcome!"


Jan. 2018
See more
See less

Which model according to room size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which model according to room size?

    Hello,

    My listening room is 3.05m x 4.3m x 2.4m(10ftx14ftx 8ft ceiling)..which model would be best suited to those dimensions?

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Hello

    Ask your dealer if it would be possible to either listen to the available models in a similar sized room in the shop if available, or if you can possibly audition them at home. Unfortunately it's very difficult to predict how a speaker will behave in a room, as so much variables are in play.

    And then there is of course the one and only deciding factor: you. You alone can tell which speaker you like best in a certain room.

    Personally, I think a pair of P3ESR won't disappoint. I use them in a room about twice that size (except in hight) that is well damped and am more than satisfied. But you are not me of course, so you might seek different things in a loudspeaker, or your room might be much less or much more damped than mine..

    I hope this helps a bit

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TimVG View Post
      Hello

      Ask your dealer if it would be possible to either listen to the available models in a similar sized room in the shop if available, or if you can possibly audition them at home. Unfortunately it's very difficult to predict how a speaker will behave in a room, as so much variables are in play.

      And then there is of course the one and only deciding factor: you. You alone can tell which speaker you like best in a certain room.

      Personally, I think a pair of P3ESR won't disappoint. I use them in a room about twice that size (except in hight) that is well damped and am more than satisfied. But you are not me of course, so you might seek different things in a loudspeaker, or your room might be much less or much more damped than mine..

      I hope this helps a bit
      Placement,damping are only a few factors,there are more things to consider when placing the Speakers.
      I for one would recommend you to try and get the things sorted in your mind.
      Then when you have a clear idea of what it is that you are after.Then only audition.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kraiker View Post
        Placement,damping are only a few factors,there are more things to consider when placing the Speakers.
        I for one would recommend you to try and get the things sorted in your mind.
        Then when you have a clear idea of what it is that you are after.Then only audition.
        But surely, you can only really know what it is you want after you've been able to compare different brands/models? I stumbled upon Harbeth by accident myself, a brief listen to the Super HL5 while picking up a repair. After that listening session I decided to build up a seperate stereo system apart from my surround setup, but I didn't know that's what I wanted before listening. It's only then I heard what I'd been missing

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cedhz View Post
          Hello,

          My listening room is 3.05m x 4.3m x 2.4m(10ftx14ftx 8ft ceiling)..which model would be best suited to those dimensions?

          Thank you.
          Unless your room is very well damped, I would say it looks more suitable for a P3ESR.

          Comment

          Working...
          X