Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

From the other side:

Comment

simple clean lines and gorgeous gear.....well done: you should be justifiably proud.

Ok here is mine - pales abit in comparison:

Comment

Thank you. I did like your room a lot. It did look like a real home. Nice integrated stereo. I think you have much better acoustic in your room than I have in mine. I will in the nearest future work with more acoustic treatment at my home. Your pictures gave me some ideas. Have you made those diffusors by yourself or have you bought them somewhere?

Comment

Thank you - our home in Sydney is fairly humble: but we like it.
          I adore your wooden walls - the best material for tone I feel.
          I should love to swap the couches (leather) for material = great absorbers but unfortunately our cat may have other ideas:

The diffusers/absorbers I did not make - they are from Sound Acoustics over here.
          I have in mind an ARC diffusor from RPG when I can afford it but certainly as it stands my room sounds quite good. I still have a bass node around 60 Hz but will work to clean that up in due course - or just open the large window and let the neighbours enjoy! You probably didn't spot the 2 bass traps in the corners (hidden under the presents and curtains) and there are another 2 suspended in the ceiling corners in the adjacent alcoves. In addition I have 5 x 8th Nerve acoustic triangles in the corners. These help alot IMHO.

have a great Xmas - bit colder in Norway than Sydney mate!

Cheerio
          Andrew

Comment

Very cold in Norway now indeed.
            I have studied your pictures and have noticed more treatments yes. I got inspired by you and have been all over the house today looking for more carpets and other things to use for better acoustics, and it has already worked for the better. I also have absorbers in the corners (from Daad). Have a great Xmas.

Comment

Just got my first M30s, been listening to it all day. Very nice, no sign of listening fatigue whatsoever. Compared to my previous Naim Arivas, it is both more detailed and warmer. the only thing that the floorstranding Arivas did better was hard rock and materials like DToSM in full blast. The M30 just does not do full blast.

Comment

Comment

agentsmith, beautiful pic of the Monitors 30 & setup. could u re-size the pic to fit the screen ?

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
                    agentsmith, beautiful pic of the Monitors 30 & setup. could u re-size the pic to fit the screen ?
                    Thanks you are being kind.

Which picture would you like me to resize? and at what dimension? Depending on the resolution of your screen, it could mean different sizes. (e.g. 1024X768)

My Thinkpad is wide screen normal and pictures cannot fit the screen perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by agentsmith View Post
                      Thanks you are being kind.

Which picture would you like me to resize? and at what dimension? Depending on the resolution of your screen, it could mean different sizes. (e.g. 1024X768)

My Thinkpad is wide screen normal and pictures cannot fit the screen perfectly.
                      agentsmith. how about 640 X 480? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
                        agentsmith. how about 640 X 480? Thanks
                        Hi I checked and the picture is already at 1024 X 768. I think somehow the forum software is not displaying full resolution?

Comment

I think that the problem is that 1024 x 768 is too big not too small for a small mobile-device screen. The HUG can accept these sizes as a maximum ....

.jpeg 800 x 600
                          .jpg 1024 x 768

Maybe we should reduce the maximum file size for all jpegs to 800 x 800 .
                          Alan A. Shaw
                          Designer, owner
                          Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Hi,
                            finally, after 4 months with my Harbeths, a picture of my setup :
                            Harbeth Super HL5 on Skylan stands
                            Symphonic Line RG10 Mk4 Reference
                            Copland CDA823

Grtz
                            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Tjoeb View Post

Hi,
                              finally, after 4 months with my Harbeths, a picture of my setup :
                              Harbeth Super HL5 on Skylan stands
                              Symphonic Line RG10 Mk4 Reference
                              Copland CDA823

Grtz
                              Alan

Nice, neat, and tidy set-up. But, still, the Super HL5 conjured the image of Sponge Bob Square Pants everytime I look at it.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, Feuilly, that's him :

[

Comment

Working...
                                X