Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

My Harbeth setup

Speakers - SHL5
    Amp - Luxman 505u
    Source - Naim
    Speaker wires and IC - Crimson Electronics

Currently searching for a better matching source .All suggestions are welcome
    Attached Files

Comment

Just thought of adding mine here as well.

Sorry, the pictures are not very good as they are taken with a pair of shaky hands.

SHL-5 cherry finish in a 11'x17'x8' dedicated room. Speakers are along the short wall driven by Plinius SA-100mk3 amp. I find the speakers require a further distance apart in creating a bigger soundstage which in turn renders a more natural sound reproduction. Currently the speakers have about 6.5' clear distance apart from each other and are very close to the side walls(about 1'). Diffusion and absorption panels along side walls have made close placement to wall boundaries possible. I am just wondering if the sound would further improve if the speakers have more space in between them. Nevertheless I am pretty satisfied with the sound I am getting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post

My turn now..

SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
        Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
        Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

What can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...
        keithwwk, your system really takes the crown here. I can see you are really a true Harbeth fan having three pairs of Harbeth speakers.

Comment

My new SHL5s'

The towel on the radiator will be replaced with something a little more tasteful very soon :-)

Comment

Hi ryder,
            I do hope I own all of them. The P3 is belong to my friend. I had changed my amps recently. I will try to take a nice phot to post here again.

Thanks for the picturs and gald to see you finally a Harbethian!

Personaly I do believe the overall soundstage can be better if you can hv your SHL5 7 feets apart. Toe-in. The width will improve quite dramatic if can place them at least 3 fts away from side wall.

My room is similar like yours, 12x18x11H fts. I played them along the long wall.

Enjoy your musics bro!

cheers!
            "Bath with Music"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen PG View Post
              My new SHL5s'

The towel on the radiator will be replaced with something a little more tasteful very soon :-)
              Hey Stephen,
              Thanks for picture.
              Do not forget to block the sunlight while enjoying musics and while you are not at home.

Cheers!
              "Bath with Music"

Comment

Originally posted by ryder View Post
                Just thought of adding mine here as well.

Sorry, the pictures are not very good as they are taken with a pair of shaky hands.

SHL-5 cherry finish in a 11'x17'x8' dedicated room. Speakers are along the short wall driven by Plinius SA-100mk3 amp. I find the speakers require a further distance apart in creating a bigger soundstage which in turn renders a more natural sound reproduction. Currently the speakers have about 6.5' clear distance apart from each other and are very close to the side walls(about 1'). Diffusion and absorption panels along side walls have made close placement to wall boundaries possible. I am just wondering if the sound would further improve if the speakers have more space in between them. Nevertheless I am pretty satisfied with the sound I am getting right now.
                Wow... great to see more pictures of Harbeths.... Thanks for sharing Ryder.

Comment

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
                  I had changed my amps recently. I will try to take a nice phot to post here again.
                  Good idea, Please do post some new updated pictures. I have also change quite a fair bit of stuff... especially my analog systems.... Let me get my camera...

Cheers...

Comment

Here's my updated "humble" system picture... Still the Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary OFC...

Cheers....

Oh yeah... this the listing of my equipment....
                    • Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary OFC
                    • dps2 with Schroder 10" Model 2 SQ, Dynavector XX-2MKII & Living Voice Mystic Mat
                    • Tron Seven Phono Amp
                    • Lavardin IS Reference Integrated Amp
                    • Marantz SA-11S2 SACD player
                    • Audiance AU24 Interconnects
                    • Kondo KLS-Vc OFC Interconnects
                    • Kimber Kable Speaker Cable 8TC
                    • Solid Tech Radius Rack
                    Last edited by Soundbyte; 09-05-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: Add Equipment listing....

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen PG View Post
                      My new SHL5s'

Thanks for sharing... would it be possible to share your other equipment too?

Cheers...

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Soundbyte.

Here you go;

From the top we have a

Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck with Spacearm and heavy kit with an Ortofon Rohmann

Arcam CD36

Arcam C31 pre-amp

Quad FM4

Clearaudio MC phono amp

and the dark shape at the bottom is an Avondale A260z power amp.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Soundbyte,

A very balance setup, i'm sure music played through your vinyl setup must be mesmerizing

Cheers

Comment

Hi all,
                            Recently I upgraded my amps to LFD's Zero LE III and Mistral LE. Below pictures is my most recent setup.

My setup consist of:
                            1. Marantz CD17mkIII + Lite Tube Dac 50 + LFD Zero LE III + SHL5 OFC
                            2. Mranyz CD6000KI + LFD Mistral LE + Compact 7
                            3. Sansui SR222 belt drive turntable + Denon DL110 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640p

Cable and other incl: Neotech, Mogami, HarmonicTech, MIT, Transparent Audio, AudioGuest Belden, Work Voltage Stablelizer and KingSnake power socket.

In my room, 12*18*11(H) fts), long wall positioning give me best compromised music enjoyment. I had tried very hard to get two best speaker placements for both Harbeth's babies. End up, the best spot for the SHL5 is also the best spot for my Compact 7.

Compact 7 + LFD Mistral LE in action:

SHL5 OFC + LFD Zero LE III in action:
                            Last edited by keithwwk; 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM. Reason: Add devices
                            "Bath with Music"

Comment

Hi Keith,

Nice one...when are you purchasing a M30?

Later..

Comment

Keith,

WOW ! ! nice photos and 2 x setup.
                                Which set-up do you mostly listen to?

Comment

Working...
                                X