Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Originally posted by sunshine View Post
    Should have gotten myself into vinyl long ago
    Music is so natural and real with vinyl.
    Still with my 7, dying for a 5....sigh
    Hi Sunshine,
    Skip the 5 go straight to 40.1 :-)

Cheers...

Comment

Hi,

Haha....1st, i do not have that kind of money, 2nd i cannot afford, 3rd i haven't that kind of financial capability and 4th too big for my hall :-)

Later

Comment

Originally posted by Don Leman View Post

Here is a current picture of my sound room. The dimensions are L20' W12' H7.5'. The speaker and listening positions were calculated using CARA software
        Wow... Don... lovely setup.... I wish I have the space to accommodate the king!

Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

Soundbyte,

Looking at your room, imo no problem for the "King"..

Comment

Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
            Soundbyte,

Looking at your room, imo no problem for the "King"..
            Not without a lot of sound treatment.... plus I know the "king" will really benefit with extra room space to allow it to breathe.... So for now I will have to stick with SHL5...

Cheers....

Comment

Hi,

Haha....1st, i do not have that kind of money, 2nd i cannot afford, 3rd i haven't that kind of financial capability and 4th too big for my hall :-)

Later
              oh yes you can.... wait till the "upgrade" bug comes on... As for Vinyl is never too late! Keep on spinning the "dark" side!

Comment

Should have gotten myself into vinyl long ago
                Music is so natural and real with vinyl.
                Still with my 7, dying for a 5....sigh
                Wow great to hear that you finally couldn't resist the charm of vinyl & got into it. Anybody serious about music should have a turntable in his/her setup. Period.

Comment

Dear all fans,
                  I am posting my setup with SHL5 in my apartment(3.9m *4.1m) in Shanghai. Currently I am using 2 amps: SIMAUDIO I5.3rs or an EL34 tube(35w power) made in China, with CDP as EXPOSURE 2010S.
                  Enjoy music brough by harbeth and
                  Cheers!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Welcome dungadeng,

Nice set-up !!
                    Which amp to do you mostly listen to?

I can see that you have innovative way of removing the speaker grills.
                    Care to share with us and a close shot would be nice.

Comment

Hi Dungadeng.

Can you please give us some info for your speaker stands as they seem solid and very good construction.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
                        Welcome dungadeng,
                        Nice set-up !!
                        Which amp to do you mostly listen to?
                        I can see that you have innovative way of removing the speaker grills.
                        Care to share with us and a close shot would be nice.
                        Hi Jmohd,
                        thanks.
                        It's really too difficult to remove the grills so I just put ribbons after I removed them the first time. With these small ribbons its easy to remove the grills to clean or show to my friends.

The tube amp is my friend's. So far I think my simaudio I5.3rs is better to push SHL5 than this EL34 tube, yet for some female voice the El34 tube is better ONLY after warming for more than 1 hours. During most of my music time I am using SIMAUDIO I5.3RS indeed.
                        cheers
                        dungadeng

Comment

Originally posted by codel View Post
                          Hi Dungadeng.
                          Can you please give us some info for your speaker stands as they seem solid and very good construction.

Thanks
                          Dear Codel,
                          this stand is heavy (abt 20kg for one stand) with 40cm height named GENTLEMAN, tailor-made for SHL5. Here is the web, but i feel sorry that it seems to be in chinese language fully: http://www.berner-cn.com/chanpin.htm
                          I don't know you can buy it in Greece or not, I attach here the full pic for the stand.
                          cheers
                          Attached Files

Comment

very nice stand. the best looking stand so far.

is there any way to get it in HK?

Comment

Originally posted by chord View Post
                              very nice stand. the best looking stand so far.
                              is there any way to get it in HK?
                              Hello Chord,
                              I think maybe you can buy them in Shenzhen and just put them into a car or try other transportation ways to Hongkong?

Comment

any P3ESR setup picture for us to savour in?

this picture is driving me crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X