Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

tein3,

WoW!! beautiful. Sleepless night....Btw, what is the amp model and how the PRAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
      Yo tein3, wow wow wow.....the glow of those 300B tubes sure look extremely inviting.....nice pics....looking forward to hearing it in action next week if all goes well.....i mentioned it in an SMS to you just now & i'll say it again...you are one lucky fella.... )

Looks like you're gonna sleep very late tonite....LOL...
      Hi Gan, ;) .... Yes, I am lucky phew....

LOL, you bet man... I slept late last night, switch to another pair of tubes, a China pair, ShuGuang 300B-98. These pairs sounds more to my preference than the Electro Harmonix black. I listen upto about 2 plus in the morning, woke up at about 6plus... round 2 till about 10am, run my erands for the day... back at home, an hour ago... round 3

Yeh... hopefully, all goes well for you to listen it out

Comment

Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
        tein3,

WoW!! beautiful. Sleepless night....Btw, what is the amp model and how the PRAT?
        LOL... yep, it was sort of sleepless night

The amp is based on the Sun Audio SV-6V6 SE kit, and Well Audio converts the circuitry to 300B.

As for the PRAT, I am not sure how I can express that to you... I could only share that, I am happier with the musicality after I change the pair of "stock" tube it came with, to the ShuGuang 300B-98 tubes. Will try out another pair of 300B I have for tomorrow listening.... see how that sounds on this amp. The current PRAT can also be "change" by replacing the rectifier tube to another... I was told (I will try that out, if I get a chance to get hold of the tube model). I just finish listening to the Earl Klugh "Spice of Life", no major wrongs found... sounded great, and legs and fingers were tapping away

Anyway... the tranformer... condenser... circuitry will still required a little bit more time to "settle" in? Meanwhile, I will enjoy the little magic that 300B brings for the mid and high...

Comment

Hi this is my current set up

Sugden Masterclass
          Aqvox Mkii
          Nottingham Spacedech 294 with Ace Benz

Comment

Originally posted by ANADA View Post
            Hi this is my current set up

Sugden Masterclass
            Aqvox Mkii
            Nottingham Spacedech 294 with Ace Benz
            Hi Anada,

Nice gear you have there.
            I've always wonder, how the sound of the sudgen Masterclass with the Harbeth?
            Please share with us.

Btw, please post some pictures of your set-up.

Thx

Comment

Hi

I thought my pictures where already uploaded !!

Can somebody help me please
              Attached Files

Comment

A Space 294 !!! I hope you don't mind if I say that the motor appears from the pics to be too far from the turntable. The correct distance is with the cutout on the motor base around 0.25 to 03 inch from the turntable back foot. Having said that, it appears to be working fine.

Love the speaker stands by the way. They give me hope because my 40.1's arrive tomorrow and I still haven't got my stands !!!

Comment

Hi Jmhod

Well first the disadvantages

1 It is not the punchiest amp around
                  2 In complex passages it clips

The good points are that it is very very clear....
                  and the timbre is so spot on

But i want to say a few words to the forum about the bass problems that some
                  users are experiensing with the M40.1.
                  I also had these problems but fortunately i dont suffer from any mental dieseases, clearly
                  this was a problem, but when the Specedeck 294 arrived all my problems are gone.
                  I dont have fancy stands i use Ikea tables and right now on good recordings the bass i hear

is an absolute delight

Comment

Hi Hifi dave

About the 294 on the manual it is 3.5cm!!

The stands are typical 10euro Ikea Coffe tables

PS. Do you also have a 294?

Comment

Hi ANADA,
                      I'm a dealer so yes I do and also the Ace Spacedeck, Hyperspace and Dais. The Dais has a 12 inch Ace Anna arm and usually a Fidelity Research FR-64S. The Hyperspace has a 9 inch Space arm and the Ace Spacedeck has a Rega RB600. I'm currently considering the purchase of an Annalog.

I have Harbeth P3ESR, 5's and 7's on demo and tomorrow I should receive my 40.1's but I'm sort of dreading it because I work on my own and to move them around is going to be a nightmare. Oh well, needs must.

David

Comment

HiFidave

Please describe with simple words the differences between the 294
                        and the Dais

Thanks in advance

Comment

There are huge differences. Are you sure you want to know ?

Comment

Yes Please!

Just to let you know, when i moved from Ace Spacedeck to 294
                            i understood the sonic differences but the price of the 2 decks is very similar, now the Dais
                            cost almost 2 294?s so what happens now with the Law of diminishing returns...

Comment

Anada, nice photos need to be shared.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X