Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

ANADA,
    The prices are: Ace Spacedeck = ?1160, Space 294 = ?1430, Hyper = ?2320 and the Dais = ?4100. Three times the price so you would expect the Dais to be three times as good as the 294, which it is.

Comment

My SHL5 system...

Comment

Originally posted by trh8654 View Post

My SHL5 system...
        Nice pic there. Thks for sharing. Btw, is the Rel sub used in conjunction with the SHL-5s?

Comment

Yes the REL is used with the Harbeths. One of the best purchases I've made. Easy to set up and integrates perfectly with the Harbeths.

Comment

Yes the REL is used with the Harbeths. One of the best purchases I've made. Easy to set up and integrates perfectly with the Harbeths.
            Though I personally do not use a sub, if I ever did it would be REL.

BTW, gorgeous setup!!!

Comment

Thanks! This system (even after 40 years of enjoying music) has really increased my time listening to music.

Comment

Thanks! This system (even after 40 years of enjoying music) has really increased my time listening to music.
                Nice setup and nice room you have.

My Harbeths let me listen more, more more and visit forums or net less, less, less than ever!

Cheers~~
                "Bath with Music"

Comment

My SHL5 system...
                  Nice room and setup you have there! With good sounding speakers and room like yours... guess it is hard to leave it alone

Like keithwwk said... with Harbeth, the listening get more and more and more... LOL, same for me too

Comment

HARBETH HL-S8

http://www.hifi.com.vn/pic/prods/633856032691562500.jpg
                    http://www.hifi.com.vn/pic/prods/633856032820625000.jpg
                    photo from http://www.hifi.com.vn/?u=prd&su=d&cid=35&id=263

Comment

My humble setup.

Comment

SHL5 in RMAF 2009

Look at the speaker stands.... from Skylan, amp from Perreaux, CDP from Perreaux and Wadia

Fidelis Distribution

Comment

Another picture of the KING with MBL Mono

http://www.gz008.cn/audio/20097440.html

Comment

See my Photo Album also.

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/album.php?albumid=16
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by DJLEC; 29-10-2009, 12:37 AM. Reason: Adding Picture

Comment

Originally posted by DJLEC View Post
                              " Jmohd asked,

Hi,

I've notice that you've just got the Skylan stand. Your listening position seems quite close and you are sitting way back to the back wall. Have you tried repositioning your setup on the short end of the room?
                              IMO, your system will sound better with less distortion.

BTW, how the 40.1 match-up with the ARC?

Jmohd,

Pictures can be deceiving. All of those gray cylinders are ASC Tube Traps and there are 5 - 1/2 Rounds behind the couch. ASC designed the room for me and there were two scenarios for this room confirmed by ASC design.

I found it impossible to use the short wall due to the fireplace and what you do not see is a 50" Plasma TV on the short wall at the other end. This set up is a compromise. I am not sure by what you mean with less Distortion.

The M40.1's just replaced Spendor SP100's that resided in the exact same spot as the Harbeth's for 10 years.

ARC equipment is an ARC SP14 Pre and Classic 60 Amp both modified years ago. I am very pleased so far and it has been one month only.

David

Comment

My first post here so hello everyone.
                                Here is a pic of my Compact 7es. They date from 1999.
                                I have recently moved and am still playing around with positioning of my system.
                                I am so content with these speakers, they are so beautifully balanced. The best Ive heard. (apart from maybe some shl5's recently.)

Sorry about the poor photography

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X