Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Thanks for the lovely photos. You are using unison audio amp? I heard S6 int few yrs back. sound good.
    "Bath with Music"

Comment

Nice picture Jon!
      May I ask what kind of stand you use on the picture? Link?
      T.

Comment

they look like epos stands? they're very nice. you can still get new ones on the net.

Comment

They don't look like Epos stands...

Comment

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
            Thanks for the lovely photos. You are using unison audio amp? I heard S6 int few yrs back. sound good.
            Hi , yes its a Unison s2k. Only 14 watts but it sounds superb with the Harbeths. I tend to listen at relatively low volumes, late at night etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagto View Post
              Nice picture Jon!
              May I ask what kind of stand you use on the picture? Link?
              T.
              The stands are by a UK company called Something Solid. They don't seem to have a web site but here is a dealer that sells their stands
              http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Speaker_Stands.html

They came with my speakers as they were second hand.

Comment

Low vol listening without compromise detail and bass. Radial magic.
                "Bath with Music"

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Palmer View Post
                  The stands are by a UK company called Something Solid. They don't seem to have a web site but here is a dealer that sells their stands
                  http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Speaker_Stands.html

They came with my speakers as they were second hand.
                  Thanks for your answer and link!

Comment

• Photos of my rosewood M40.1s

My New Harbeth M40.1

Comment

Originally posted by Hagto View Post
                      Thanks for your answer and link!
                      I tried the Something Solid stands recently with the P3's and I would recommend avoiding them - the finish really was unacceptable and the design has changed (significantly to the worse imvho). I now have the Music Tools Tool One stands at 67cm tall and they are perfect - at least for the P3 (in size, finish as well as the sound).

Comment

• Re: Photos of my rosewood M40.1s

Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
                        My New Harbeth M40.1

Hi bro,
                        You got the real sweet rosewood M40.1. Thanks for the photos!
                        "Bath with Music"

Comment

• Re: Photos of my M40.1s

My New Harbeth M40.1

Congratulations on the new M40.1. That is a nice setup there in the dedicated room. May I know what is the turntable model behind the Classe amp? I can just imagine the smooth and grain-free sound from your analog setup coupled with the smooth Classe amp.

Comment

• Re: Photos of my M40.1s

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
                            Hi bro,
                            You got the real sweet rosewood M40.1. Thanks for the photos!
                            I was there when the beautiful Rosewood M40.1 was unveiled.....truly a great sight to behold.

Comment

• M40.1 - majestic

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. The M40.1 ......so Majestic. Texture, micro-dymanics (unheard of with SHL5) , depth, mid, bass control.... organic, outstanding........ I have no bass problems at all in my small room. Even my sons can tell the difference.

Recently, (Singapoare Annual Hi-fi show) heard megabuks systems (not to mention brand) with systems cost more than an apartment... nothing and nothing IMO, can come close to M40.1.

Ryder,

TT is from VPI Scout with standard arm. Phonostages: Graham Slee V and Jolida. Cables, standard that came with the TT.

BTW, have not try with analogue yet.

Comment

• Re: M40.1 - majestic

Thanks for the kind words. The M40.1 ......so Majestic. Texture, micro-dymanics (unheard of with SHL5) , depth, mid, bass control.... organic, outstanding........ I have no bass problems at all in my small room. Even my sons can tell the difference.

Recently, (Singapoare Annual Hi-fi show) heard megabuks systems (not to mention brand) with systems cost more than an apartment... nothing and nothing IMO, can come close to M40.1.
                                Glad to know you do not have bass issue bro!

Same thinking here: Nothing, IMO too, nothing can come close to Harbeth sound I heard so far..

Wow...hope I can own M40.1 in future....
                                "Bath with Music"

Comment

Working...
                                X