Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
    Thks for the update bro. Your room looks more cosy now than before. Perhaps a pair of SHL-5 will look even more appropriate there....haha....i can spare you itchy powder if you need some.... ))
    Oh yeah, don't wait too long as Jimmy's SHL-5 usually sell very fast.
    LOL, still will ease my itch with powder :p

Comment

Hi Tein,
      Thanks for the pictures. Very nice. Is the WB class is blue color? look good..
      "Bath with Music"

Comment

Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
        Hi Tein,
        Thanks for the pictures. Very nice. Is the WB class is blue color? look good..
        the glass is clear, that is the blue flame that it emits. In actual view, it is cloudy blue. Some say it is no good, some say it is 300B tube phenomenon... so don't know which is which. Svetlana tube website says it is normal under certain circumstances. The other pair that I have, it emits differently.

Comment

Dennis, nice stands!

May I ask where did you get the cute nipper piece in between the pillows - his master's voice.

Regards.

Originally posted by denjo View Post
          Hi Fellow Harbethians

Here is a photo of my new Harbeth Super HL5s. The stands are custom made by my carpenter along the Skylan designs. The pillars are solid wood, MDF board (top and bottom), cherry veneer throughout and Black Diamond Racing cones below.

System:

Leben CS-600
          Oppo 980
          Altmann Attraction DAC (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
          SB3 (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
          Audiolab 8000T Tuner
          SOTA Sapphire TT (Dynavector cart)

Best Regards
          Dennis

Comment

My goodness... I have been away in this thread for so long and so many beautiful setups.... Thank you everyone who post your beloved Harbeths.... Merry Xmas and happy holidays to all!

Comment

Hello JMohd,

Welcome to the 40.1 brotherhood. Enjoy the music. It seems we have the same EMC CD player.

Comment

Originally posted by gemincor View Post
                Hello JMohd,

It seems we have the same EMC CD player.
                I seem that we can make an EMC CD player klab.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G Smith View Post
                  Here's my system:

Thorens TD160 heavily modded turntable with Audio Technica AT95E cartridge and
                  Cambridge Audio CD5 player feeding digital input of:
                  Bryston BP16 preamp
                  feeding B&W ASW750 active subs, whose x-over outputs feed
                  Bryston 4BSST feeding
                  HARBETH M30s (pre domestic finish)

Happy Christmas everyone. Santa bought me a second hand Bryston crossover to feed the subs with! It's made a huge improvement to the overall sound of the system.
                  Paul

"If all else fails, read the instructions"

Comment

• Can't wait to get them out of their cartons!

Two weeks ago, whilst the UK was knee deep in snow, I was in balmy (I think that's what they say?) Los Angeles with our dealer Venice Audio - Peter Selesnick and his wife Katinka and son Lucas. We enjoyed a marvellous afternoon tea with freshly made (and delicious) scones*. No wonder I put on 5lbs. on that trip!

And thanks to Peter, here are some pictures of Lucas and his new toys ....

* I have to admit to being something of a sconnoisseur and the jungle telegraph got the message got through to Katinka that I would be awarding starts for scones - poor girl. She needn't have feared, and in fact, gave me the recipe to bring home.

>
                    Attached Files
                    Alan A. Shaw
                    Designer, owner
                    Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

• Re: Can't wait to get them out of their cartons!

Originally posted by A.S. View Post
                      Two weeks ago, whilst the UK was knee deep in snow, I was in balmy (I think that's what they say?) Los Angeles with our dealer Venice Audio - Peter Selesnick and his wife Katinka and son Lucas. We enjoyed a marvellous afternoon tea with freshly made (and delicious) scones*. No wonder I put on 5lbs. on that trip!

And thanks to Peter, here are some pictures of Lucas and his new toys ....

* I have to admit to being something of a sconnoisseur and the jungle telegraph got the message got through to Katinka that I would be awarding starts for scones - poor girl. She needn't have feared, and in fact, gave me the recipe to bring home.

>

Love the pics, awwwwwwww.

Comment

what is your room size in meter Bro tein3 ?thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by aawcy View Post
                          what is your room size in meter Bro tein3 ?thanks...
                          Hi Aawcy, the measurement in meter - 6.3m x 2.9m

I have shifted my speakers, equipment, listening position lately... with many other things remove from the room to "free" it up, now it is strictly for listening only

Cheers!

Last edited by tein3; 12-02-2010, 01:09 PM. Reason: typo error

Comment

• Originally posted by Soundbyte View Post

Here's my updated "humble" system picture... Still the Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary OFC...

Cheers....

Oh yeah... this the listing of my equipment....
                            • Harbeth SHL-5 30th Anniversary OFC
                            • dps2 with Schroder 10" Model 2 SQ, Dynavector XX-2MKII & Living Voice Mystic Mat
                            • Tron Seven Phono Amp
                            • Lavardin IS Reference Integrated Amp
                            • Marantz SA-11S2 SACD player
                            • Audiance AU24 Interconnects
                            • Kondo KLS-Vc OFC Interconnects
                            • Kimber Kable Speaker Cable 8TC
                            • Solid Tech Radius Rack
                            Can you tell me which stands you are using with your speakers please.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

• Hi Rob,

Those stands are locally made/designed by our Harbeth distridutor. It is actually designed for the C7.

Comment

• Just for laughs, this is what makes noises in the Honman household (at least, when the kids are asleep).

Other than the speakers the electronics are all from the 1990s or before.
                                Arcam Alpha CD player
                                Tesseract DAC
                                Pioneer PL-12D turntable (Quantum 102 phono stage)
                                NVA AP20 amplifier
                                Harbeth P3ESRs
                                Rega Kyte stands (top plates removed)

The LH speaker gets moved out of the way when the living room is used for, err, living.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X