Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5W amp driving P3ESR!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Here's a photo I'd like to share of
    Newly acquired P3ESRs

The amp is a one off 1.5watts per channel and P3ESRs just sing with this!!

P1000471_1.jpg

Comment

• Nice setup!

Nice set up! I don't care if all amps sound the same or not that tube amp sure looks wonderful (so does the Thorens tt!)

Comment

• Wonderful!

Wonderful set up, paolo!!

Interesting you did not choose maple as veneer for your P3ESR...

Comment

• Best international system?

PC and Reinhard

Thank you for your kind comments. IMO this set up is the best of British, German, Swiss and USA engineering in its day. Especially pleasing is the music produced from the Pass Aleph P, Rhea, Thomas Mayer 46SET, Thorens 124/2 (fully restored) and P3ESR combination. I can play vinyl for hours and hours!

Rosewood is my favorite wood almost tactile in appearance.. Interestingly one's eye is drawn to the contrast between the colour of maple and rosewood when seated...its a visual thing I suppose..

KRs Paolo

Comment

• Wonderful!

Wonderful setup, Paolo.

Comment

• Wonderful t/t

Really wonderful, nice turntable!

Comment

• 1.5w of muscle power + p3

Originally posted by paolo View Post
                Hi everyone,

Here's a photo I'd like to share of
                Newly acquired P3ESRs

The amp is a one off 1.5watts per channel and P3ESRs just sing with this!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1948[/ATTACH]
                Love it!

What amp is that? I've been out of it for far too long.

Comment

• Audio stagnation?

Originally posted by tcb1935 View Post
                  hey, here's a update. i had the chance to buy much more expensive atc active speaker, but i did not. maybe something is wrong in my high-end audiophile upward spiral? it has stagnated since I harbeths....is that curable?
                  Gorgeously charming, especially since it's so deceptively simple and unassuming.

Love the finish - don't see many of these where I'm from. Definitely NOT curable!

Comment

• Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore! SHL5 > M40.1

Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore,

I have been an avid reader of the User Group for a over a year now, but this is my first post.

I've been using Harbeth Speakers since January last year starting with the Super HL5. It was musical bliss for many months until January of this year when I got the itch to move to the M40.1. I have just moved to a new house last Saturday and I'm in
                    the midst of having the doors and windows on the ground floor re-sealed for better soundproofing from the noisy world outside. Then, on to a little (or a lot) of room treatment before finally and hopefully setting up the audio equipment again.

I though I would attach some photo's of my previous setup just before moving and hope to add some new photo's soon.

Regards

tmokbelIMG_1913.jpgIMG_1919.jpg

Comment

• Thomas Meyer 46 SE

Hi Timleety,
                      The amp is a Thomas Mayer 46 SE. Have a look at his blog for more information
                      http://vinylsavor.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/46

Comment

• My Harbeth journey

Originally posted by tmokbel View Post
                        Hello Everyone and Greetings from Singapore,

I have been an avid reader of the User Group for a over a year now, but this is my first post.

I've been using Harbeth Speakers since January last year starting with the Super HL5. It was musical bliss for many months until January of this year when I got the itch to move to the M40.1. I have just moved to a new house last Saturday and I'm in
                        the midst of having the doors and windows on the ground floor re-sealed for better soundproofing from the noisy world outside. Then, on to a little (or a lot) of room treatment before finally and hopefully setting up the audio equipment again.

I though I would attach some photo's of my previous setup just before moving and hope to add some new photo's soon.

Regards

tmokbel[ATTACH=CONFIG]1991[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1992[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1993[/ATTACH]
                        Octave amps? Very nice - would love to hear them.
                        Simpli-Fi: Kuzma>Nighthawk>LebenCS300XS>P3ESR

Comment

• Nice amp

That's a beautiful amp, Paolo. Hard to imagine that it makes more than a whisper with the P3ESR, though! You must have really good hearing. I would love to have Harbeth speakers that have something like 95db sensitivity because of my hobby building single ended tube amps.

Comment

• 46SE + P3ESR = emotion

Hi JP-the combination of the 46SE with the P3ESRs never ceases to amaze me. When phone rings I have to lower volume.

I have tried really quite sensitive horns in my room (96db ) but they lacked emotion-no soundstage. The P3ESR and 46 combo is an emotional experience:there are ample SPLs for my listening environment 14' x10'. What I am trying to say is that my tube amp seems to work better with higher impedance speakers and that sensitivity is not the only factor.

The 46SE and P3ESRs are each in their own way testimony to superb design and quality production.

Comment

• 46 liked

Hi Paolo,

Great to read that you to like the 46 amp so much! Also good to know that the amp works so well with this speaker.

Best regards

Thomas

Comment

• My M30 + Skylan + Blue Circle

Here's a pic of my M30's on Skylan Stands with my Blue Circle BC206-NST amp .. yeah.. it's big.. hehehehe.

IMG_0003ab.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X