Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octave amps

Originally posted by b4sound View Post
    Octave amps? Very nice - would love to hear them.
    Hello B4sound and to all our friends 'down under'. Octave make lovely amplifiers that just go on and on and are built to last. Reliability and customer support was high on my list and Octave does well in this area. Definitely "Made in Germany"

Comment

• Nice set-up

Originally posted by Double D View Post
      Here's a pic of my M30's on Skylan Stands with my Blue Circle BC206-NST amp .. yeah.. it's big.. hehehehe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1999[/ATTACH]
      You could drive that thing to work!! Sweet set-up!

Comment

• My U-boat

Yeah... it's a "nice little amp".. hahaa.. I affectionately refer to it as my little "U-Boat"..

Here's the business end of the system, the larger box in the corner is outboard power supply for the pre-amp sitting on the top shelf.. yup.. it's a whopper!

IMG_0001ab.jpg

Comment

• Skylan stands

Originally posted by Double D View Post
          Here's a pic of my M30's on Skylan Stands with my Blue Circle BC206-NST amp .. yeah.. it's big.. hehehehe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1999[/ATTACH]
          Hey I think I saw your speakers before lol.

Nice to see you man. ~

Comment

• Returning to Harbeth with M40.1 with McIntosh.

Hi, Finally I went back to Harbeth again.... used to own C7 , SHL5 and M30 ... I switched with Sonusfaber Elipsa but I couldn't forget the sounds of Harbeth.( Well I am stil keeping both speakers )

So here I am back again with the M40.1 and Iam very happy camper .

Thanks for looking.

DSC02121.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

• Love it!

Now that's impressive. I love the look of that McIntosh gear (and also the M40's). Congratulations ! ! !

Comment

• Fantastic

Thank you for kind comments. They sounds fantastic with McIntosh gear as they look. I will pair them with MC275's soon.tube powers !

Comment

• A very happy M40.1 owner

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post
                  Hi, Finally I went back to Harbeth again.... used to own C7 , SHL5 and M30 ... I switched with Sonusfaber Elipsa but I couldn't forget the sounds of Harbeth.( Well I am stil keeping both speakers )

So here I am back again with the M40.1 and I am very happy camper .

Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2015[/ATTACH]
                  Hey Paul... good to see you on here with your New 40.1's !! How are they working out for you in that space ?? Do you still have the SHL5's as well ? Let me know !

Comment

• M40.1, music lover's speakers

Hey David... Good to hear from you. I sold the SHL5 last year.

You will be surprise how the M40.1 works well in my small room , no booming bass just perfect combination.

I still keeping the Elipsa as well as audiophile speakers and the M40.1 as music lover's speakers.

Come by when you get a chance

Comment

• The M40.1 path from SHL5

Hi bluejazz,

I sometimes wonder what will be the improvement with the M40.1 when you came from the SHL5. A path I was thinking of. Could you detail how does this upgrade improve your listening pleasure?

Thank you,

Sébastien

Comment

• M40.1 advantages ...

Scale, bass weight and extension and increased power handling.

Comment

• Talking scale

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I feel that the SHL5 reproduce the scale of instrument really well but I haven't heard the M40.1 yet.

Sébastien

Comment

• Lots of weight for classical music

Originally posted by Sebastien View Post
                            Hi bluejazz,

I sometimes wonder what will be the improvement with the M40.1 when you came from the SHL5. A path I was thinking of. Could you detail how does this upgrade improve your listening pleasure?

Thank you,

Sébastien
                            Sébastien,

Just like hifi_dave said....better bottom end, Bigger scale and giving you a true Full range sounds. Tweeter works for high, Mid works for mid and 12" works for the bass so there are no collaboration here.

When I had a SHL5 I was happy with Jazz and Vocal but not on Classical Music especially on big orchestra music.

Also I am not big fan of the sub so I didnt go that route.

if you can swing it do it ~! You won't look back anymore.

Comment

• My set-up

Hi @all,

after looking at all these nice setups I also want to post mine. Next step will be some room treatment..

Hifi4web.jpg

Comment

• Lovely setup

Hi, Infobert,

simply gorgeous.
                                One hint: concealing the strips up to the TV would be nice.

Regards,
                                Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X