Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup



    The oldest Harbeth in this thread! I have to shoot from this angle as I do not have a wide angle lens camera at the moment, only a cheapo Ixus, which explains the poor picture quality

    System:

    Harbeth HL5
    Audio Analogue Puccini SE Remote Int Amp
    Marantz PM-17SA Int Amp
    TS Audio PH-1 Phono Amp
    Shanling CDT-100 CD Player
    Marantz 8260 SACD Player
    MSB Link 3 DAC
    Michell Gyro SE Turntable
    with Michell Tecno Arm and Grado Prestige Gold cartridge
    Pioneer PDR509G CD Recorder
    Rel Q100 X 2
    Last edited by skinhead; 10-05-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: Left out some components

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

      Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
      Hi folks, here is a picture of my very modest setup.



      The system comprises of the following:

      1) Harbeth SHL-5 on custom made stands
      2) Arcam A85 integrated amp
      3) Rotel RCD-971 cd player
      4) Vintage Micro Seiki MB-14 Turntable
      5) Trigon Vanguard 2 phono pre amp
      6) Assortment of belden & Qed cables
      7) Ikea hifi rack
      Thanks Gan... Lovely setup...

      Cheers...

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

        Originally posted by skinhead View Post


        The oldest Harbeth in this thread! I have to shoot from this angle as I do not have a wide angle lens camera at the moment, only a cheapo Ixus, which explains the poor picture quality

        System:

        Harbeth HL5
        Audio Analogue Puccini SE Remote Int Amp
        Marantz PM-17SA Int Amp
        TS Audio PH-1 Phono Amp
        Shanling CDT-100 CD Player
        Marantz 8260 SACD Player
        MSB Link 3 DAC
        Michell Gyro SE Turntable
        with Michell Tecno Arm and Grado Prestige Gold cartridge
        Pioneer PDR509G CD Recorder
        Rel Q100 X 2
        Bro,
        Beautiful Setup.... nice ambiance...! Thanks for sharing!

        Cheers...

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

          Greetings bro, I see many Singaporeans here. Hope more from around the world will share their pics here too!
          Last edited by skinhead; 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM. Reason: error in spelling

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

            Yes welcome to our many friends in Malaysia, Singapore and the Philipines.
            Alan A. Shaw
            Designer, owner
            Harbeth Audio UK

            Comment


            • #66
              Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

              Hi Fellow Harbethians

              Here is a photo of my new Harbeth Super HL5s. The stands are custom made by my carpenter along the Skylan designs. The pillars are solid wood, MDF board (top and bottom), cherry veneer throughout and Black Diamond Racing cones below.

              System:

              Leben CS-600
              Oppo 980
              Altmann Attraction DAC (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
              SB3 (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
              Audiolab 8000T Tuner
              SOTA Sapphire TT (Dynavector cart)




              Best Regards
              Dennis

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup



                My turn now..

                SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
                Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
                Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

                Wat can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...
                "Bath with Music"

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                  Originally posted by keithwwk View Post


                  My turn now..

                  SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
                  Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
                  Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

                  Wat can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...

                  Wow what a wonderful collection of Harbeth loudspeakers u have there.....i wish i had kept my P3, K6 & old HL-5.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                    Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
                    Wow what a wonderful collection of Harbeth loudspeakers u have there.....i wish i had kept my ........ old HL-5.
                    Don't even dream about that!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                      Originally posted by skinhead View Post
                      Don't even dream about that!
                      No i am not talking about your black beauties (black ash HL-5) but the teak finished HL-5 which i had & sold 10 years ago. It was in absolutely mint condition. ))

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                        Originally posted by keithwwk View Post


                        My turn now..

                        SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
                        Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
                        Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

                        Wat can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...
                        You've made my day! It's a great joy to see other people around the world sharing their passion.

                        I hope some Japanese users show us some of their system setup. Actually, I'd like to see people from all over the world sharing a photo or 2 of their Harbeth system.

                        Keep those pics coming folks...

                        Regards,
                        Joel

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                          Originally posted by denjo View Post
                          Hi Fellow Harbethians

                          Here is a photo of my new Harbeth Super HL5s. The stands are custom made by my carpenter along the Skylan designs. The pillars are solid wood, MDF board (top and bottom), cherry veneer throughout and Black Diamond Racing cones below.

                          System:

                          Leben CS-600
                          Oppo 980
                          Altmann Attraction DAC (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
                          SB3 (with Paul Hyne's PSU)
                          Audiolab 8000T Tuner
                          SOTA Sapphire TT (Dynavector cart)


                          Best Regards
                          Dennis
                          Dennis... Leben CS-600 it was going to be my choice of amp, but because of my listening pattern (more than 10 hours on weekends) I have to stick to Lavardin... BTW what phono amp are you using?

                          Thanks For Sharing!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                            Originally posted by keithwwk View Post

                            My turn now..

                            SHL5, Old C7 and old P3 (belong to my friend)
                            Marantz PM17mkII KI and PM66KI
                            Marantz CD17mkIII and CD6000KI

                            Wat can I say on harbeth speakers..my music partner for my life...
                            Wow... Bro... it like a Harbeth convention! Lovely! Thanks for Sharing!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                              Hi Soundbyte

                              With the hot weather, the Leben does add to the heat in my living room! So, I can appreciate your choice for a cooler running amplifier like the Lavardin. As for phono, I am using a Lehmann Black Cube SE which allows me to switch between MC and MM quite easily.

                              Best Regards
                              Dennis

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

                                Here's my first attempt, hope it works...



                                Cheers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X