Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photos of your beloved Harbeth Speakers & Setup

Originally posted by sunshine View Post
    Here's my first attempt, hope it works...

Cheers
    Nice setup there with Naim electronics. Are you using the supernait to drive your C7?

Comment

Hi Sunshine,
      Nice naim setup with C7ES on epos stand!

Cheers
      "Bath with Music"

Comment

Hi CK,

Thanks, yes it is a Supernait.

Comment

Cheers
          Glad you could join in, Sunshine... ;-)

Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

Hi Keithwwk,

Thanks...your collection of Harbeth makes alot of us drool. SHL-5 is next on my list.

Sunshine

Comment

Originally posted by denjo View Post
              Hi Soundbyte

With the hot weather, the Leben does add to the heat in my living room! So, I can appreciate your choice for a cooler running amplifier like the Lavardin. As for phono, I am using a Lehmann Black Cube SE which allows me to switch between MC and MM quite easily.

Best Regards
              Dennis
              Leben was my first choice.... Lavardin came second.... Lavardin stay with me is because I didn't wanted to fiddle around with tubes... plus good NOS or Vintage tubes will put a large hole into my pocket (I will be tempted to try old vintage tubes). Cool Lehmann Black Cube SE...

Comment

Hi CK,

Thanks, yes it is a Supernait.
                Hi Sunshine, any chance for me & Keith to listen to your supernait with the C7? I recently heard the supernait at absolute sound but i guess the setup was not ideal as it sounded lacklustre. Would love to hear it with a Harbeth. Btw, are you the guy i met at soundbyte's place the other time?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundbyte View Post
                  Leben was my first choice.... Lavardin came second.... Lavardin stay with me is because I didn't wanted to fiddle around with tubes... plus good NOS or Vintage tubes will put a large hole into my pocket (I will be tempted to try old vintage tubes). Cool Lehmann Black Cube SE...
                  Go on, you too need to have a tube setup. We only live once! There's still plenty of space in your equipment rack for a Leben amp. Go with the heart... YOU need that Leben amp.

Cheers,
                  Joel

Comment

Originally posted by do_Ob View Post
                    Go on, you too need to have a tube setup. We only live once! There's still plenty of space in your equipment rack for a Leben amp. Go with the heart... YOU need that Leben amp.

Cheers,
                    Joel
                    Nah.... I decided to go with a tube phono amp instead... and it have stop the itch for tubes... in my system.... my Tube phono amp have only 3 small guitar amp tubes (5751 and 12AU7) and normally it is cheaper than power tubes!

Cheers.

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry, off thread topic. Since mentioning abt inter amp, has anyone used or heard Pathos Inter (Classic one MK3 or Logos) or Consonance inter with Harberth?

IMO, they are reasonably priced. Looks great but dunno abt the sound?
                      The absolute sound mag Jun/July 2008 issue featured Pathos.

Rgds / Thanks

Picture of Pathos Classic MK3

Comment

I think "Hi-fi Choice" magazine did a test with numerous tube amps in this month's issue. I believe the Pathos amp had a very positive review.

Another out of topic fact:

During my time reading some hifi mags, ( I think it was Stereophile May issue) I read through a section in which Dennis Had from Cary Audio is also a happy new owner of a Harbeth Compact 7ES3 speaker system.

Comment

My hifi system consist of
                          - Monrio Top Loader Type 2 CD Player with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
                          - 2x Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse (CD)
                          - TAOC SCB-RS50G Platform (CD)
                          - Quad QC-24 Preamp (Tube: 1x NOS GE 6111) with TAOC TITE-35S Super Insulator
                          - Quad II Forty Mono Amps with Soundcare SuperSpike 2 High-End (Tubes: 4x NOS Tungsol 6550, 4x NOS Raytheon 6SH7GT, 2x NOS Mullard CV378/GZ37)
                          - Harbeth Super HL-5 with JPS Jumper Cables
                          - TAOC Stabilizer SBL-13MT (under speakers)
                          - Sound Anchor Stands with TAOC Spike Plates PTS-F
                          - Acrolink 7N-D5000 Interconnects (CD to Preamp)
                          - Acrolink 7N-A2070 Interconnect (Preamp to Amps)
                          - The Chord Company Signature Speaker Cables with Furutech Banana Plugs FP-202
                          - 6x Cardas Golden Cuboids (to raise speaker cables off the floor)
                          - Acrolink 6N-PC6100 support by Acoustic Revive Cable Insulator RCI-3 (CD)
                          - Acrolink 6N-P4030 with Oyaide IEC & US Plugs P/C004 (Preamp)
                          - 2x Oyaide Tunami GPX (Amps)
                          - 3x Isoclean Power Audio Grade Fuse (Preamp & Amps)
                          - Solidsteel Rack 5.4 with Spikes & Shoes & 5kg Leadshot
                          - Oyaide R1 Wall Outlet (Isotek & Oyaide MTB-6)
                          - CSE KR100 Isolation Regulator with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CD& Preamp)
                          - Isotek GII Mini Sub with TAOC TITE-46PIN Insulator (CSE)
                          - Oyaide MTB-6 Power Distributor with R1 Outlet & Acoustic Revive Outlet Stabilizer CS-2F (Amps)
                          - Marigo Audio Signature 3-D Stabilizer Mat
                          - Acoustic Revive Disc Demagnetizer RD-3
                          - Acoustic Revive Ultra Low-frequency Pulse Generator RR-77 with Kingrex PSU
                          - Eichmann Express AC with Oyaide P-079 Plugs (Isotek)
                          - LAT Internaional AC-2 Powercord (CSE)
                          - Oyaide Tunami GPX (Oyaide MTB-6)
                          - DH Labs Power Plus with Wattagate IEC & US Plugs Power Cord (Kingrex)

Comment

Those sound absorbers on the side walls look very interesting. Is it possible that you could take another picture looking down on them so we can see how thick they are, how far from the wall and where they are relative to the front of the speakers?
                            Alan A. Shaw
                            Designer, owner
                            Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Hi Alan. Those diffusers are custom made in solid wood. They are copy of a famous brand with better material use. It widen the soundstage and improve imaging. More pic in close up as follows.

Comment

Originally posted by ical View Post
                                Hi Alan. Those diffusers are custom made in solid wood. They are copy of a famous brand with better material use. It widen the soundstage and improve imaging. More pic in close up as follows.

Ical,

Beautiful set-up. What is the depth of the diffusors?

Have you tried putting them behind the speakers (back wall) and also behind your sitting area?

Rgds

Comment

Working...
                                X