Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

7ES3s at home in Japan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7ES3s at home in Japan

Here are my 7es3's at home.
    Attached Files

Wooden C7 stands (in Japan)

nice setup. How is the wooden stand? I always wonder how can i buy those stands though i'm using a skylan stand? How much did u pay for e wooden stand?

Comment

Nice amps!

Originally posted by holden View Post
      Here are my 7es3's at home.
      Nice amps - a Leben AND a Luxman. . . the perks of living in Japan. Had to import a Luxman L-550 A II back home as we don't have a local Luxman distributor. Lux class A sound really suits the Compact 7.

Comment

Nice stand. I have seen this wooden stand in Japan when I was visiting my in-law, as well as seeing these stand in Japanese HiFi magazine. I would like to know as well if this wood stand is compare to aluminum / metal stand, or compact wood of Skylan.

{Moderator's comment: the stand is made by Harbeth Japan in Japan and is not available for export outside Japan.}

Comment

Why not make stands?

hi there

I always wish those stands... seems to look very japanese...
          The bigest problem with Harbeth speakers are the stands.
          I read a lot, about of stands designs and try a few with diferent results and my conclution is that: Harbeth must design stands for own speakers!
          So why just for Japan?

Harbeth: the most natural ...marketing

Comment

Woden stands for C7ES2/C7ES3

Originally posted by naim-c7 View Post
            Nice stand. I have seen this wooden stand in Japan when I was visiting my in-law, as well as seeing these stand in Japanese HiFi magazine. I would like to know as well if this wood stand is compare to aluminum / metal stand, or compact wood of Skylan.

{Moderator's comment: the stand is made by Harbeth Japan in Japan and is not available for export outside Japan.}
            I don't really know how they compare to other stands but I did have a pair of wooden stands that were not open frame when I had the c7es2. I put the c7es2s on the open ones and they sounded noticeably better in my opinion - more spacious sounding with better bass detail. Then I put the c7es3s on and it was even better!

The stands are very light but strong. It's a pity they aren't available in the UK. I'm sure lots of Harbeth owners would like the look.

I'm hoping to get a turntable soon and start building a vinyl collection. Looking at a Yamaha GT2000.

Comment

Nice setup with Leben + Harbeth

hi holden,

a really nice setup. the leben amplifier (cs-300 i think) looks really beautiful. i have the chance to hear the cs-300 and cs-600. really great in combination with harbeth loudspeakers..

cheers,
              chris

Comment

Luxman 550 A2 + C7ES3

I own the luxman 550 A2 with C7es3, amazing synergy so musical that you can expend hrs listening alone. Love the combo.

Hegel dac hd11 great match.

Comment

Working...
                X