Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Harbeth HL Compact 7ES-3 specific

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harbeth HL Compact7ES-3 specific

Hi,
    Can you say that a Compact 7ES3 30th aniv edition is an upgrade from a HP3ES2 30th aniv edtion? or just go up the ladder and get the HLP5?

regards

Comment

Reply may be of help from P3 user who upgraded to C7ES3
      Alan A. Shaw
      Designer, owner
      Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Originally posted by A.S. View Post
        Reply may be of help from P3 user who upgraded to C7ES3
        Hi,
        Thanks for the reply! i hope i could get an answer from your point of view!
        regards,
        ed

Comment

Well it is really simple! The P3 is a great speaker, and of course it is very small. If you have the space and the budget for the larger Harbeth (C7ES3) then that would be an excellent investment for you.
          Alan A. Shaw
          Designer, owner
          Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Well it is really simple! The P3 is a great speaker, and of course it is very small. If you have the space and the budget for the larger Harbeth (C7ES3) then that would be an excellent investment for you.

Got it! ill place my order with our dealer here!
            regards,
            ed

Comment

Thank you.

You have a truly excellent dealer in the Philippines and I'm sure that you will be very well looked after by them.
              Alan A. Shaw
              Designer, owner
              Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Thank you.

You have a truly excellent dealer in the Philippines and I'm sure that you will be very well looked after by them.
                I know! thanks again...
                regards,
                ed

Comment

Thank you.

My Pair arrived yesterday! im so happy with it! Thanks to our dealer her in the PH.
                  regards

Comment

Originally posted by booze999 View Post
                    My Pair arrived yesterday! im so happy with it! Thanks to our dealer her in the PH.
                    regards
                    Hi Booze999, congrats on having purchased the C7ES-3. I am sure you'll be very satisfied with them & will grow to love them as time goes by. Btw, do share some pictures of your setup with us if you can. We have a thread specially for this. Meanwhile, enjoy the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
                      Hi Booze999, congrats on having purchased the C7ES-3. I am sure you'll be very satisfied with them & will grow to love them as time goes by. Btw, do share some pictures of your setup with us if you can. We have a thread specially for this. Meanwhile, enjoy the music.
                      Hi Gan CK,
                      Pictures with temporary stands! They still sing very good even with these chairs!
                      i just want to share with you! hahahhaa

regards,
                      ed

Comment

Originally posted by booze999 View Post
                        Hi Gan CK,
                        Pictures with temporary stands! They still sing very good even with these chairs!
                        i just want to share with you! hahahhaa

regards,
                        ed

Wow....mount the C7s on proper stands & i am sure they will sound even better.

Comment

• Re: Harbeth HL Compact 7ES-3 specific

Maybe you should try these stands. Reminds me a little of what your using already!

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/s...=3493#poststop

Comment

Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
                            Wow....mount the C7s on proper stands & i am sure they will sound even better.
                            ill post stands when they are done! these folding chairs are only temporary but at least they are made of really hard and heavy wood...hahahhaa
                            regards

Comment

I just picked up my NEW C7ES3's (I had a demo pair from the dealer before.) Wah hey! They're so new that you can still smell the wood finish up close.

This may be a lucky sign: I have pair 999L/R.

I am, even as I type this, breaking them in using the radical method I outlined in the "Break-in (burn-in) and bi-wiring - fantasy?" thread.

Hopping about happily,
                              Rabbit

Comment

• Acclimatisation to new speakers .... and pretty girls!

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                                ...I am, even as I type this, breaking them in using the radical method I outlined in the "Break-in (burn-in) and bi-wiring - fantasy?" thread.
                                Your original thread is here - regardless of the general advice you may have garnered in that thread, my advice was and is something like this ....

You do not need to aggressively burn-in you Harbeth speakers. You do not need to use 'burn-in CDs', music or noise at high signal levels or any other strange methodology or the result could be burn-out, which is not covered by the Warranty and is absolutely identifiable as such. As I said before, burning-in as far as Harbeth is concerned is a non-issue. All you need is gentle use. Nothing radical is my advice.

Sadly, we do have one customer who is so wedded to the idea of periodic burning-in that he regularly burns-out drive units. He freely admits that he can't resist using a commercial 'burn-in' CD at a high level for hours. Every time he needs a new driver (not covered by Warranty) we strongly recommend that he desists in this needless waste of his money but to no avail. As I've commented before, in my opinion the whole 'burn-in' mythology has very little indeed to do with the physics or mechanics of loudspeakers and rather a lot to do with your ears and acclimatisation to a new sonic experience.

To put this acclimatisation issue into understandable human terms ... you know when you see a girl across the room and she looks unusual, different from the average girl. Your senses are hovering on a knife-edge; you just can't quickly decide if her non-conformity enhances or detracts from your perceptions of what constitutes a pretty girl. All you can do is observe her some more from different angles, as she interacts with other people until, little by little a final opinion about her builds in your mind. This is what we call the acclimatisation phase.

It's exactly the same process when listening to new loudspeakers. You play different music and see how the speakers interact with your brain and your preconceptions. Unfamiliar sensory experience that does not trigger an immediate electrical analysis in your brain that indicate 'good ' or 'bad', 'danger' or 'safe' need more mental processing time. Once you have become acquainted with the girl (or the speakers) you no longer need to constantly ask yourself 'is she pretty' (or do I like what I hear) you just accept her - or the speakers - for what they are. The acclimatisation phase is complete. And in my experience, that's what burning-in a speaker is all about.

Alan A. Shaw
                                Designer, owner
                                Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Working...
                                X