Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

About sound and match for 7esc3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About sound and match for 7esc3

1 week ago ibought 7 es3

i tried it with several amps supernait2, sudgen ,audio avm, arcam, audiomat

its intresting but only arcam and audiomat plays with it. on the other hand naim super nait audioavm and sudgen dont plays with it ( harsh or boomy sound and midbass is not enougt) my room is 35 m2

İm waiting your helps

Good amplifiers should not sound that different, if at all. The snag is some have a load dependent frequency response (but Harbeth speakers are a benign load compared to many) or a very high input sensitivity, What source are you using? Short of that, how about a 2x100 watt Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Denon etc instead of all this boutique stuff? In practical terms, I would go for an amplifier with enough digital inputs. Or a receiver like the new all singing and dancing Yamaha RN 803d.

Comment

First of all - welcome to the HUG.

As you have found, amplifiers do sound different because of various things such as power output, input overload, distortions, noise, output impedance etc. The differences aren't as obvious as differences between speakers but still there. You should go with whichever of the amps pleases you most and which has the facilities, build and backup you require.

To your list I would add the Rega amps as they are sensible, reasonably priced, reliable and with great backup.

Comment

Hello for every day i hear bass sound decreasing i dont understant it. İ use them on coffe tables. Does it affect it, or is there any damage on speakers (but i think its impossible both of them have same sound

Comment

If the front of the speaker cabinets are not even with the front edge of the coffee tables, the way the sound is dispersed by the drivers would be affected, I believe. Can't say specifically how this would affect the bass.

Comment

I'm strongly of the opinion that this is a situation where the advice and experience of the local dealer is an absolute must-take. I can see nothing but confusion and worse, the prospect of spending more and more time and money tinkering with the issues, all of which is distraction from musical enjoyment.

Perhaps we can have an update after a dealer visit to the user's home, and with some photos of the setup.
            Alan A. Shaw
            Designer, owner
            Harbeth Audio UK

Comment

Working...
            X