Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Eucalyptus - the most musical speaker I've owned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep cables away from mains sources

It is common sense to keep interconnects as far away as practical from anything with mains on, as 'hum' can be induced. Also, phono stages, because of their extra gain, should be sited for lowest 'hum' pick up.

Comment

Avoid hum!

Try to use fully balanced component so u are safe from hum that can degrade listening pleasure from beautiful sound by Harbeth )
      Originally posted by hifi_dave View Post
      It is common sense to keep interconnects as far away as practical from anything with mains on, as 'hum' can be induced. Also, phono stages, because of their extra gain, should be sited for lowest 'hum' pick up.

Comment

Your C7ES3 setup

absolutely gorgeous. I have the same speakers, however you have a better sense for interior design than I have at the moment ;)

that looks like a comfortable leather listening chair? I have a similar seating arrangement. absolute blissful listening environment I am really impressed thanks for sharing.

warm regards,

Comment

Kind comments on my room

Thank's for your good comment sir )
          Originally posted by bullethead View Post
          absolutely gorgeous. I have the same speakers, however you have a better sense for interior design than I have at the moment ;)

that looks like a comfortable leather listening chair? I have a similar seating arrangement. absolute blissful listening environment I am really impressed thanks for sharing.

warm regards,

Comment

Romantic arresting midrange (C7ES3)

Harbeth C7 ES-3 drive by power amp GamuT M250 mkIII and preamp VTL TL 5.5 mkII make quickness, clarity, depth of resolution, layered soundstaging, and arresting midrange depth always proved warmly involving and musically compelling.
            Attached Files

Comment

CEC transport?

You use a CEC Transport? Wow. How does that sound? I was looking into a CEC Belt Driven cd transport but I bought a Bel Canto CD-2 instead. Supposed to sound really good with a sense of rhythm and pace. That's beautiful. All the best of luck with the 7ES-3's, I love the sound.

Comment

CEC belt drive CD

Yes I use CEC as a transport you must try belt drive technology is so analog like turntable
                Originally posted by bullethead View Post
                You use a CEC Transport? Wow. How does that sound? I was looking into a CEC Belt Driven cd transport but I bought a Bel Canto CD-2 instead. Supposed to sound really good with a sense of rhythm and pace. That's beautiful. All the best of luck with the 7ES-3's, I love the sound.

Comment

Very nice ysuryadi, Cantik Sekali

Comment

Hahaha cantik sekali like Queen Diana
                    Originally posted by Aceca View Post
                    Very nice ysuryadi, Cantik Sekali

Comment

C7es3

Originally posted by ysuryadi View Post
                      Hahaha cantik sekali like Queen Diana
                      Not just gambar cantik but most importantly Suara also banyak cantik.

Comment

I agree Mr Gan sound quality must be priority
                        Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
                        Not just gambar cantik but most importantly Suara also banyak cantik.

Comment

Working...
                        X