Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Professional Monitor Loudspeaker 40.1 side-by-side compared with C7ES3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Monitor Loudspeaker 40.1 side-by-side compared with C7ES3

Harbeth 40.1 VS Compact 7ES-3 both are very excellent musicality

Note Ikea stand and side wall treatment.
    Attached Files

M40.1 so no sub needed!

Wow...with the M40.1, you can do away with the sub.

Comment

The M40.1 = The King!

Hi Yadi,
      so fast you bought the King(M40.1)? wow...nice photos. Purified into music!!
      "Bath with Music"

Comment

Enjoy The King!

Hi Yadi,

Well done!! I told you so.....get The King and forget the rest.... enjoy

Next, may be you can try tube amp....juz kidding :-)

Comment

Starting the Harbeth family!

So you are starting an Harbeth family? Nice set up, I appreciate the low cost and "do-the-job" style Ikea stands and DIY panels. I guess that the carpet on the floor plays a great role in the quality of your room's sound.

Have a good trip on the audio road,

Sebastien

Comment

M401 so no sub needed ....

Yes Sub no needed already
            Originally posted by Gan CK View Post
            Wow...with the M40.1, you can do away with the sub.

Comment

Users speak (not only audio magazines)

I read a lot of wonderful review especially from user not audio magazine so I'm curious about 40.1
              Originally posted by keithwwk View Post
              Hi Yadi,
              so fast you bought the King(M40.1)? wow...nice photos. Purified into music!!

Comment

Get the King, forget the rest!

Yes I remember what you told me ) Tube just for preamp but poweramp I still prefer single mosfet by GamuT than tube amp
                Originally posted by Jmohd View Post
                Hi Yadi,

Well done!! I told you so.....get The King and forget the rest.... enjoy

Next, may be you can try tube amp....juz kidding :-)

Comment

Audio nirvana

Yes I like the sound and design from this two model so classic elegant, Room acoustic, placement speaker and component is very important to achieve optimal sound although Harbeth is quite user friendly but when you treat them properly they will bring you to audio nirvana
                  Originally posted by Sebastien View Post
                  So you are starting an Harbeth family? Nice set up, I appreciate the low cost and "do-the-job" style Ikea stands and DIY panels. I guess that the carpet on the floor plays a great role in the quality of your room's sound.

Have a good trip on the audio road,

Sebastien

Comment

M40.1 LF output ...

hi,

i also use M40.1 and agree that you do NOT need a subwoofer. i measured them in my room at 31 Hz with only -2 dB! i have to add that i use a digital room correction system.

best,
                    delgesu
                    Harbeth M40.1-Naim NAC52-Supercap-NAP 135-CDS2-XPS

Comment

Dsp in-room

Digital room correction is important to adjust frequency response between your speaker and room acoustics
                      Originally posted by delgesu View Post
                      hi,

i also use M40.1 and agree that you do NOT need a subwoofer. i measured them in my room at 31 Hz with only -2 dB! i have to add that i use a digital room correction system.

best,
                      delgesu

Comment

Lyngdorf

Digital room correction is important to adjust frequency response between your speaker and room acoustics
                        Absolutely! especially when you have - 15dB (!) at 80Hz as in my room due to roof pitch made of plaster boards. there is absolutely no passive means that could help me. the lyngdorf "room perfect" is a bless for me.

best,
                        delgesu
                        Harbeth M40.1-Naim NAC52-Supercap-NAP 135-CDS2-XPS

Comment

New cable speaker Harmonic Technology Pro-9 plus

Just replaced cable speaker from Harmonic Technology Fantasy to Pro-9 plus are more detailed, more open, bass is deeper and staging is deeper with improved imaging.

{Moderator's comment: as you may know, we do not promote cable on this site except in the free-for-all- sandbox area. In this case, we'll let it through as you have taken the trouble over various pictures.}
                          Attached Files

Comment

Harbeth and friend

Me, Mr Fabi designer acoustic and Mr Tedjo photo captured by Mr Gatot Editor in chief Audio Lifestyle magazine.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Beaks?

Ysuryadi, nics pictures. Any particular reasons for using the Beaks?

Comment

Working...
                              X