Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

Harbeth SHL5s-best set-up so far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbeth SHL5s-best set-up so far

Harbeth SHL5
    Source: TW Acustic Raven One with Graham Phantom Tonearm with Koetsu Rosewood Cart
    Phono stage: EAR 88PB
    CD source: Accuphase DP500 (replaced)
    Pre-amp: Accuphase C2410 (replaced with Lamm LL2)
    Power amp: Lamm M2.2 monoblocks
    cabling: Purist Audio Design, Kubala Sosna, TG Audio SLVR, Nirvana SX, Auditorium 23s
    Room Treatment: Full ASC from Oregon
    stands & supports: Critical Mass systems, Symposium Ultra
    Powerconditioner: 30amp dedicated line feeding a Shunyata hydra 8

What stands?

Is that a birds eye lens you took that picture with? That's very cool. Your room is amazing. May I ask what your stands are sitting on?

Comment

Great pix

Wow that's a fantastic pic indeed! Wonder how the SHL-5 sounds with the Lamms...the stands look like Skylan or something similar.

Comment

Harbeth + Lamms

Thanks guys! The speaker stands are skylan stands. The equipment stands are critical mass system.
        The picture is with a fisheye lens 18mm.

The harbeths are lamms = heaven!! its a match made in heaven to the highest degree!
        if you guys are in the Philippines, pls let me know.

Comment

Awesome setup!

Hi Ferdie

Hope you are keeping well!

Wow! Awesome setup which must sound as good as how it looks! This is my dream, to have my own dedicated music room, acoustically treated and aesthetically beautiful and inviting.

Keep well!

Pax
          Dennis

Comment

Private message

Hi dennis

how are you sir ?
            I've been trying to email you to get in touch. How are things ?
            Please PM (private message) me your email so we can get in touch.

Thanks & talk to you soon.

Ferdie

Comment

Minimal SHL5 system

I agree that is a very complete hi-end system ...

This is a minimal setup with SHL5 maybe not the best so far but still good for someone who listen just music at home.
              Cheers

Comment

Harbeths = minimal set-up

Harbeths are easy to please, minimal set-up is great with them as well.

With my dedicated room set-up, the capabilities of the harbeths, the lamms and the other gears are maxxed out & one will be aware that these can compete with the best out there.

Comment

Minimal setup?

Hi Micron. I wouldn't call your set up minimal at all. It's actually extremely nice.

Mine is much more minimal than yours, but it still sounds great. I guess that's what makes music so wonderful. All of us get to enjoy it. Is that a glass of white wine I see on the table? Hmmm, good idea.

Comment

Harbeth = tonal purity and musicality

Yes Harbeths really require very little fuss as far as setup is concerned.

Armed with any decent amp & source & they are good to go & can easily compete with virtually anything out there as far as tonal purity & musicality goes.

Comment

Minimal system?

Originally posted by Don Jr View Post
                      Hi Micron. I wouldn't call your set up minimal at all. It's actually extremely nice.

Mine is much more minimal than yours, but it still sounds great. I guess that's what makes music so wonderful. All of us get to enjoy it. Is that a glass of white wine I see on the table? Hmmm, good idea.

Hi Don Jr
                      The setup is minimal because use minimum devices ,but still use a dedicated electric circuit for Naim amp with dac inside (without power conditioner) and acoustic treatments on walls turns on the interior design side... All comands runs from ipad ( I mean lights, heat and sound). The speaker cables goes thru special tubes under the floor and all electronics have a special place in wall with corian shelves. So all you can see is a pair of old style beautifull new speakes. And yes, a glass of wine is always welcome.
                      Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X