Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

The Harbeth User Group is the primary channel for public communication with Harbeth's HQ. If you have a 'scientific mind' and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - audio equipment decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual Science of Audio sub-forum area of HUG is your place. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and should be accessible to non-experts and able to be tried-out at home without deep technical knowledge. From a design perspective, today's award winning Harbeths could not have been designed any other way.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings area is you. If you are quite set in your subjectivity, then HUG is likely to be a bit too fact based for you, as many of the contributors have maximised their pleasure in home music reproduction by allowing their head to rule their heart. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area only, although HUG is really not the best place to have these sort of purely subjective airings.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters and Harbeth does not necessarily agree with the contents of any member contributions, especially in the Subjective Soundings area, and has no control over external content.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Oct. 2017}
See more
See less

Naim Uniti with 5+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naim Uniti with 5+

Hi. I am considering simplifying my system to a 'one box' plus speakers (from an Antipodes DX source, Meitner MA1 DAC, Concert Fidelity pre and Lamm 1.2 Ref monos) and have some reading about the new 80w Naim Uniti Nova. However as yet there are very few Nova reviews. Has anyone heard/got the new Naim Atom or Nova with 5+s and if so what are your thoughts? Also interested in any feedback from anyone using the previous Unitis with the 5+s. I listen almost solely to Tidal and Spotify and hence and pretty sure my current system is over-speced, over invested in and also taking up far too much space. I'm also worried that one day one or more components could have issues and they are expensive and difficult to service. Thanks in advance.

From what I have heard, you might be best to wait a while before buying any of the new Naim all-in-one boxes.

IMO, you need something better than a Uniti with the SHL5+. A member on the HUG owned a Uniti for a time but changed it for a conventional amplifier to drive his P3ESR and is very pleased with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMobius View Post
      I am considering simplifying my system to a 'one box' plus speakers (from an Antipodes DX source, Meitner MA1 DAC, Concert Fidelity pre and Lamm 1.2 Ref monos) and have some reading about the new 80w Naim Uniti Nova. I listen almost solely to Tidal and Spotify and hence and pretty sure my current system is over-speced, over invested in and also taking up far too much space. I'm also worried that one day one or more components could have issues and they are expensive and difficult to service.
      Also consider one of the following:
      https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/au...602/index.html
      https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/au...03d/index.html
      http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu...ducts/sx-n30ae
      http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-8270-138381.html

Comment

Working...
      X