Announcement

Collapse

HUG - here for all audio enthusiasts

Since its inception ten years ago, the Harbeth User Group's ambition has been to create a lasting knowledge archive. Knowledge is based on facts and observations. Knowledge is timeless. Knowledge is human independent and replicatable. However, we live in new world where thanks to social media, 'facts' have become flexible and personal. HUG operates in that real world.

HUG has two approaches to contributor's Posts. If you have, like us, a scientific mind and are curious about how the ear works, how it can lead us to make the right - and wrong - decisions, and about the technical ins and outs of audio equipment, how it's designed and what choices the designer makes, then the factual area of HUG is for you. The objective methods of comparing audio equipment under controlled conditions has been thoroughly examined here on HUG and elsewhere and can be easily understood and tried with negligible technical knowledge.

Alternatively, if you just like chatting about audio and subjectivity rules for you, then the Subjective Soundings sub-forum is you. If upon examination we think that Posts are better suited to one sub-forum than than the other, they will be redirected during Moderation, which is applied throughout the site.

Questions and Posts about, for example, 'does amplifier A sounds better than amplifier B' or 'which speaker stands or cables are best' are suitable for the Subjective Soundings area.

The Moderators' decision is final in all matters regarding what appears here. That said, very few Posts are rejected. HUG Moderation individually spell and layout checks Posts for clarity but due to the workload, Posts in the Subjective Soundings area, from Oct. 2016 will not be. We regret that but we are unable to accept Posts that present what we consider to be free advertising for products that Harbeth does not make.

That's it! Enjoy!

{Updated Nov. 2016A}
See more
See less

I must sell my Harbeth speakers (P3 ES2) - a change of life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must sell my Harbeth speakers (P3 ES2) - a change of life

First of all, a note to the moderators. I have read the moderation policy and couldn't find anything expressly ruling out this kind of post; nonetheless I am unsure whether this is appropriate for the HUG forum. Please disallow if you think it is not.

Due to a change of circumstance I must sell my Harbeths (along with nearly everything else). Music listening will be sorely missed. Before I list them in a magazine, or the 'Bay as a last resort, I would like to offer them to the HUG membership.

For info, I am (voluntarily) giving up my job, which I don't really understand, and flying these shores for new horizons in New Zealand. It's time to see some new things.

I would be most grateful to hear of any interest from the HUG. Many thanks.

Specifics to follow if the mods feel it's all right.
    Ben from UK. Harbeth Super HL5 owner.

Our commiserations - come back soon to the Harbeth family

1. Is she beautiful?

2. Are you one step ahead of the law?

3. Mid life crisis?

I hope that everything is OK for you and if not I'm sorry for your circumstances and wish you well in your sale and your travels. Godspeed.

Comment

If my age qualifies, then #3.

Comment

You can always buy some more when you get here...!

Comment

Good luck when you get there, the most beautiful country in the world by a country mile IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BAS-H View Post
            If my age qualifies, then #3.
            That can be fixed with a nice sports car :-)

Comment

My escape plan ...

No it can't! Blown all me readies on bicycles

House is sold pending contract exchange. Looking at taking to the air late September. I can't wait. I've informed my (very understanding) work colleagues, some of whom I think are a bit jealous. I can't think why; this plan requires giving up everything I have for only a 50% chance of pulling it off at all... maybe they just like the idea.

Comment

Working...
              X