To join and remain a Registered Member of the Harbeth User group please be aware of the following rules:
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Joining the Harbeth User Group. Rules and joining process
Registration at the Harbeth User Group is easy. You've already completed the Application form. Please read through what the process will be and be ready to respond when needed. There are six steps.
A) After reading the notes "I have read and agree to abide by the Harbeth User Group rules..." tick the box if you agree to all of the conditions.
B) The email address you provided in the above Application form will be selected and an email with the subject "Action required to Activate Membership ..."will be send to that address. The HUG membership panel will not be made aware of your application at this time as this initial email is automatically generated by the anti-spam trap. You will be invited to Activate your registration by clicking a highlighted link. To must respond to that email. Occasionally applicants complain that they do not receive that email. It has been sent, but diverted by the recipients email spam trap. Be sure to look in your spam box. We have no manual facility to re-send that initial email, and non-response will be taken as confirmation that the application was false (computer generated).
C) After you click that link, an email will be sent by your computer to the HUG and your membership application will be placed in a queue for human inspection at the HUG who for the first time will be made aware of your application. At this time your membership is not complete, and you will not be able to post or view attachments because you are a pending not full member.
D) Within 24-48 hours (working days, UK office hours only) your application will be 100% human inspected by an Administrator or Moderator at the Harbeth User Group.
E) If the Moderator/Administrator agrees that your application meets the basic requirements of membership and is fully and properly completed, you will be manually sent a second email to your email address (the one you filled-in on the application form) subject "Account validated at the Harbeth User Group...". You are now a fully Registered Member. You cannot and do not need to respond to that second email.
F) If your Application is not successful your application will be deleted and you will be sent an email subject "Account removed at the Harbeth User Group ....". Your application will have been completely erased.
Genuine members are always welcome in the Harbeth User Group as our primary objective is to maintain and develop the high standard of this Group and nurture respect amongst users.
That's the Registration process. Once you are a full Member, please observe these few points. If you do not feel able to do so, please cancel your Registration, click here to return to the forums index.
This forum is moderated. Harbeth UK's final decision on what posts to include, edit or remove is final.
Neither the owners or operators of the Harbeth User Group nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) nor any of their agents or officers will be held responsible for the content of any message or image posted or linked-to here.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, offensive, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any law or be disrespectful to others.
In the interests of harmony, knowledge sharing and respect we observe a few basics:
1. Although this User Group is conducted entirely in English, English is not the first language of many of our visitors. Please always write simple and unambiguous English, with short, well punctuated paragraphs (just like this) that make for easy interpretation and electronic translation.
2. Please respect the wider audio industry. Members may not always concur with others views, but a range of opinions adds vibrancy to the discussion.
3. Whatever is written here becomes a permanent record and a living archive. Think twice before writing as you want your descendants to think well of you!
4. This Group is Moderated. That means that at any time and without notice, the Moderator(s) may chose to edit and/or remove and/or modify a post or thread or image or attachment and/or ban, specially moderate or remove a Member. The Moderator(s) decision is final in all matters here. It is extremely rare for us to invoke Moderation, a tribute to our strict membership criteria.
5. Whatever appears here on the Harbeth User Group becomes the copyright and intellectual property of Harbeth Audio Ltd. and/or its agents and may be used by Harbeth in any marketing or promotional activities in any country without prior consent or payment to any Member or contributor past or present.
6. Goods or services for sale must not be offered through this Group.
7. Please do not start a new Thread unless absolutely necessary. We want the group to be a clean and simple to read as possible. See if you can post into an existing thread. Most subjects do have a existing thread discussions.
8. Please spell-check your contribution before submission.
9. Please change the heading of your posting to reflect the content of your post! Otherwise all posts default to the subject thread name and are very difficult to search!
Thank you and do enjoy your time here.