Thread: Which cd player to add to a LFD Zero MK III LE - Harbeth M30 combination?

toroamor Guest

Default Which cd player to add to a LFD Zero MK III LE - Harbeth M30 combination?

Hello,

I'm looking for a cd player or Cd transport/DAC combination to add to my LFD Zero III - M30 combination.

Anyone any experience with:

Luxman D-38u cd player
    Meridian 500 MKII - 563 DAC
    Njoe Tjoeb Reference
    Northstar Sapphire

Thanks for your advice
    Toro

I can not help on the cdps you listed there. But what I want to say is your Le3 + M30 = music paradise. Congratulation!
    "Bath in Music"

Default LFD + CD players + Harbeth

It's a pity that LFD haven't got their own CD player or even a 'tweaked' player but as they haven't, I get excellent results with the Rega players - Apollo, Saturn and Isis. The Naim players are all very good and so is the EAR Acute.

All are excellent with the LFD and Harbeth M30's. They are all well made, reliable and have great back-up should you need it.

toroamor Guest

Default LFD Mistral CD player?

Hello Dave and Keith,

Thanks for your replies. Any idea where to find a discontinued LFD Mistral cd player? Would you advise a solid state cd player or one with tubes, or both?

Default LFD Mistral CD

Hi Toro,

There is a Mistral cdp in this Singapore site.
    http://listeninn.com/catalog/CD-Play...Audio-Mistral/

I did not experience any tube cdp so far. My currently cdps are marantz cd17mk3 and cd6000ki. I also have a self modded China brand 6922 tube Dac call Lite Dac 50 (using dual BB63 K grade dac chips). All give different presentation. Listen to either one of them depand on my mood by turning my LFD selector switch.
    "Bath in Music"

Default PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD player

I very much like the sound of tubes, and I have been very happy with the PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD player. Be sure to specify the upgraded chip. The Absolute Sound has a review, that describes how tube rolling can change the quality of the sound.

toroamor Guest

Default Singapore shop?

Hi Keith,

Do you know this shop in Singapore yourself?

Default Singapore shop

Hi Toro,

I roughly know where the shop located in Singpoare but I never been there myself.
    "Bath in Music"