Thread: Liedtke Stands versus Skylan Stands

Default Liedtke Stands versus Skylan Stands

Hi all,

Iīve just tested two different stands for my M30s.
    The first one was the Model SH II of "Liedtke Metall Design" in Germany (www.liedtke-metalldesign.de). This stand is a real beauty! My wife was easily convinced to try this stands. They sounded open and airy. The finish was superb. You can fill the tubes with sand. For my ears this improved the sound, because the sound became more quiet, if you know what I mean.

The second were the well known stands of skylan. My wife didnīt like the optic, but we liked the even more "quiet" sound of them. The difference was not so big. For someone whoīs looking after a more lively sound the Liedtke Stand may be the better choice.

Betunded

Hallo
    my name is lizzzy and i live in flensburg germany.
    I use the SP Stand from liedtke metalldesign for my M30 and i am very pleased about the interaction Liedtke-Harbeth
    It sounds good and is optical absolut great.
    I use a 65cm hight with 3 tubes i filled with quartz sand round 3/4.
    It s a heavy stand which is very accurately fitting and finished black mate fine struction but you can also choose stainless steel tubes.
    In Germany Liedtke Metalldesign is known for custom stands and extra dimensions.

good wishes lizzzy

Hello Lizzzy, any chance you could a picture of you M30's on the stand. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
    Hello Lizzzy, any chance you could a picture of you M30's on the stand. Thanks.
    I
    Hi, P.C.
    I`m not able to show abpicture because i dont own a digital camera i prefer the old school shot.
    Iīgot my inspiration from the liedtke reference site which shows a lot of pictures with speakers in combination with stands.
    http://www.liedtke-metalldesign.de/page5.php
    But the discription is only in german i hope you understand.

Best greeting
    Lizzzy

W. B. Guest

Hi,

here you can see a nextel Monitor 30 with another Liedke stand.
    This one reminds me of the studio heritage of the speaker. In my eyes a nice design.

W.B.

Quote Originally Posted by W. B. View Post
    Hi,

here you can see a nextel Monitor 30 with another Liedke stand.
    This one reminds me of the studio heritage of the speaker. In my eyes a nice design.

W.B.
    Hey W.B.

The tripod looks very fine, any soundinformation.
    I found another fullsize picture

lizzzy

They look very much like the Solid Steel stands from Italy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I wouldn't put my lovely speakers on spikes. It was a fashion back in the 80's but it damages the speakers and if they get nudged, it causes severe damage.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    They look very much like the Solid Steel stands from Italy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I wouldn't put my lovely speakers on spikes. It was a fashion back in the 80's but it damages the speakers and if they get nudged, it causes severe damage.
    You are right, beautifull in the eye of the beholder.
    But the placement of the speakers you can choose the options spikes or saved topplate.

I think the topplate isnīt apparent at the picture and would īnd place the speakers on spikes directly too becouse of the damage.

Lizzzy

Phew, thank goodness for that.

Putting speakers on spikes puts my teeth on edge like laying your naked LP's or CD's on the floor !!!

W. B. Guest

Red face

Hi Lizzy,

to be true, the foto you found shows you a view of my living room where I am sitting now. My digital foto equipment is very poor. I found it difficult to make a good shot with the lens I have.

The geometry of this tripods is more difficult to get on a shot than the more symetric stands of other producers.

The good thing with this stands is that you can order the any height you need according to your listening position. The stands are handmade and it is a pleasure to deal with Mr Liedtke. The finish is suberb.

Hallo David,

Of course you are right with that beaty thing. My cat Mrs Sappho loves to play on the bottom triangle under the speakers. Maybe this is the only reason why she didnīt found the way up yet.

W.B.