Thread: Skylan stands - and I couldn't be happier with my Harbeths!

graham Guest

Default Skylan stands - and I couldn't be happier with my Harbeths!

Hi,

As a recent owner of Harbeth C7s, in Australia, I am now on the search for speaker stands. Thanks to this forum I have come to the opinion that Skylan is the speaker stand worth getting.

Sadly no dealer in Australia and have yet to hear back from the company. Is there any other stand that can be recommended, that might be available more widely.

By the way, thanks to all those who contribute to the forums as it led me to search for the Harbeth speakers and I couldn't be happier.

graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    Hi,

...Thanks to this forum I have come to the opinion that Skylan is the speaker stand worth getting.

Sadly no dealer in Australia and have yet to hear back from the company...

graham
    Telephone is the best way to reach Noel at Skylan. Number is on the website; you have it?

{Moderator's comment: Noel can sadly either be answering the phone/emails or making the stands ....}

Default Contacting Skylan

I concur - if you want to reach Noel, you have to pick up the phone. I think he's basically a one-man operation and I can understand that he doesn't often have time to get to his e-mail. He does answer the phone, though.

Persevere, it's worth it.

Default Skylan grille removing tool

It's also good to know that Skylan does a small magnetic tool specially made to take-off Harbeth's SuperGrille. Then you can admire the front of your favorite speaker.

Sebastien

{Moderator's comment: yes, and there is a video here about that somewhere ....}

Default Skylan Grille removal device (C)

Ben from UK. Harbeth P3ESR owner.

Default Noel @ Skylan - a real gentleman

Noel has recently sent me one of those magnets and it works magic on the grille, so for the first time I was able to admire the drivers of my SHL5. He is so kind to have sent me the tool without also giving me the payment details, and I have been pleading him to send me the information by email. Yet I have not heard from him so he must be busy.

What I am trying to say is that i think he does business with heart and a genuine desire to help. The hifi community in Hong Kong has also only nice things to say about him and his stands.
    Ck chan

Default Skylan - good service

I live in Sydey and brought HL5S with Skylan stands. . I e-mailed Noel of Skylan as I have lost the spikes and they came really quickly and free. Very good service and I like thier stands!