I think Mod was questioning the above line which is (to me) ambiguous. 'Compress random noise to 86%' then '60% compression for rock ....'. What exactly does that 60% comment mean? Compress to 60% (discard 40%) or does it mean discard 60% and leaving 40%. As it stands either could be applicable. Sloppy writing or reporting of what was actually discovered and all to typical of what one reads in the media.
Originally Posted by STHLS5
Last edited by A.S.; 04-02-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Reason: Compression statistics ....
Alan A. Shaw
Harbeth Audio UK