Thread: Rogue Audio amplifiers with Harbeth

Default Rogue Audio amplifiers with Harbeth

One of our two local dealers of Harbeth products in Montreal often demo them with Rogue Audio products. These are vacuum tubes amplifiers designs made in the USA. The first time I heard Harbeth, C7ES3 and SHL5, they were powered by a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amplifier using EL34 tubes. The sound was superb! Do any other HUGers have some feed-back from that Rogue Audio and Harbeth combination?

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien. I was wondering if you could tell me what 12ax7 and 12au7's you're running in your Rogue these days. I was thinking of rolling some Ei 12AX7 / ECC83's to start with. I've owned my Cronus Magnum for two years now and I've never rolled the original tubes. Any suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I hope this post finds you well and enjoying music.

I had the immense pleasure of listening to the Zeus with a set of Penaudio monitors years ago. That experience still registers in my mind. Afraid I havent heard Rogue with Harbeth but can well imagine, a good match.

Default Tubes for Rogue Audio Cronus

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jr View Post
    Hi Sebastien. I was wondering if you could tell me what 12ax7 and 12au7's you're running in your Rogue these days...
    Hi Don,

Actually, I have an awesome 6211 from GE (1960, five stars, side getters) instead of my center 12AU7. But for that preamplification function, it has to be perfectly balance on his two triodes.

My two others 12AU7 aren't changed yet and my two 12AX7 were replaced by some GE's 5751 (1960, 5 stars, triple mica, grey plates).

For tube rolling with Rogue products, it is a good idea to contact directly Mark O'Brien, Rogue's owner. He is very helpfull. I remember that he suggested me to replace the 12AX7 with some Mullard, but GE's 5751 were is other choice.

Sébastien

The Cronus Magnum is a great match. The amp doesn't do anything wrong to the music. It may not be the last word as far as detail is concerned but overall, it's very musical and easy to listen to.