Thread: Just Became Harbeth Owner

Default Just Became Harbeth Owner

Hi guys,

Today have just placed an order for a pair of C7ES3 with its stock stands. This is also means I have officially joined the Harbeth family after a long thought between Harbeth & Proac. However, the local dealer says the shipment will only reaches me in a fortnight. I guess have to wait patiently for their arrival. I bet it is going to be a long long wait.

My music genre is towards pop, chinese oldies, jazz & some classical rock. And it is my hope that this Harbeth can bring endless enjoyment and meet my expectations as far as my music listening is concerned. I will be driving them using naim nait 5i-2 & cd 5i-2. What do you think of this new equation? The current speakers I'm using are Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6. Although it is quite musical but I find listening fatigue is quite high. This is one of the main reason to consider the Harbeth after so many sing praise for their almost zero fatiguing.

Any other advice for newbie like me in the build up to welcome my first Harbeth into my system? Thank you so much. I am counting the hours...

Default Hello from Malaysia

Since you are from Malaysia, I would like to say SELAMAT DATANG.

ST

Default The musical world of Harbeth - welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mikapoh View Post
    Hi guys,

Today have just placed an order for a pair of C7ES3 with its stock stands. This is also means I have officially joined the Harbeth family after a long thought between Harbeth & Proac. However, the local dealer says the shipment will only reaches me in a fortnight. I guess have to wait patiently for their arrival. I bet it is going to be a long long wait.

My music genre is towards pop, chinese oldies, jazz & some classical rock. And it is my hope that this Harbeth can bring endless enjoyment and meet my expectations as far as my music listening is concerned. I will be driving them using naim nait 5i-2 & cd 5i-2. What do you think of this new equation? The current speakers I'm using are Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6. Although it is quite musical but I find listening fatigue is quite high. This is one of the main reason to consider the Harbeth after so many sing praise for their almost zero fatiguing.

Any other advice for newbie like me in the build up to welcome my first Harbeth into my system? Thank you so much. I am counting the hours...
    Hi Mikapoh, welcome to HUG. Congrats on your purchase of the C7s. It will be well worth the wait. Your Naim setup is good enough for you to access into the magical world of Harbeth.

Default With NAIM

I will be driving them using naim nait 5i-2 & cd 5i-2.
    nothing wrong with that set up, they will sing with a friend having almost the same setup

Default Bass extension, bass quality - specifications?

Thank you guys for the kind words.

But I am beginning to wonder whether the C7s can go deep in the bass region as its spec says only 45Hz. Some people says its bass is tuneful but what about tightness of the bass? If judging on paper (45Hz) is in fact not a decent low.

My naim kits are driving the Mezzo 6 to a pretty good standard. The PRaT in my system is very appealing. But I know this is not fully exploiting the true capabilities of the naims. So, I'm anticipating Harbeths combination. Hopefully they won't sound dull to me. Cheers.

Default C7ES3 - a good choice

Relax, you've made a good choice.

The C7's won't sound 'dull' at all, they are smooth and detailed but not dull.

Don't worry about the bass either, it is fast, extended and tuneful. Just think, they have an 8 inch bass driver which is often what you get in a Home Cinema sub-woofer to provide low bass and you will have two of them !!!

Default C7ES3 matchs perfectly with Naim - congrats

Hi Mikapoh,

congrats for your new speakers - actually since today I own a pair of these excellent speakers driven by NAIM as well (smallest pre-amp/amp/flatcap combi and CD5i, Nat03, Rega P3) and I cannot stop listening. Music is just overall in the room even on lower volumes.

And just became a member of this forum and I'm really surprised by the huge community.

Cheers Gerald (Berlin)

Default Do you need to change your system?

Hi Mikapoh,

welcome to the Harbeth family. The best piece of advice I "learned" : take your time with the Harbeths, listen for a long time. With a good pair of speakers, it is relatively easy to spot weaknesses in the rest of the audio chain, if any. After you get used to the characteristics of the Harbeths, or lack of it in this case, you may need to make no changes at all to your system.

Quote Originally Posted by mikapoh View Post
    Hi guys,