Thread: Which Harbeth in a 30 sqm room?

Default Which Harbeth in a 30 sqm room?

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the Harbeth world as I've enjoyed listening to a 10 year old pair of C7 for about one month. I'm feeding them with a Leben CS600 using an Audionet G2 and a VPi Scout as sources.

I'm now considering (I know I'm insane) a change for "bigger" Harbeth.

What should I do:

- keep the C7 ?
    - go the SHL5 way?
    - buy a pair of M 30?

Thanks for our input.

Did you mean M40 instead of M30? The M30 is smaller than C7.

What is your budget? Will the SHL5 fit in with the decor?

Sorry for all the questions!
    Ben from UK. Harbeth P3ESR owner.

Default Enjoy your C7!

Since you enjoy listening to the C7, then just stay with it. As the saying goes, why fix it when it ain't broken. Don't be be in a hurry to change. Slow down, take your time to enjoy the C7 for what it does. It's an excellent spk.

Default C7ES2 or C7ES3?

I agree with Gan CK. A month is too short a time to know the C7. If they are 10 years old they would be ES2 versions. You should then consider the C7ES3. Similar, but greatly improved over the C7ES2, and generally a wonderful choice for a small room.

Default Wisdom about selections

So much wisdom !!! Anyway I might be keeping the C7 and move to the SHL5 using ones or the others depending on mood.

Default Supertweeter ...

Quote Originally Posted by BAS-H View Post
    Did you mean M40 instead of M30? The M30 is smaller than C7.

What is your budget? Will the SHL5 fit in with the decor?
    In fact, I don't literally mean bigger in size. M40 are totally out of my reach. M30 and SHL5 belong to the same price range, I just imagine that an additional improved tweeter should bring these speakers to an even better level than my old C7 (they are more likely more than 10, they have the "A2" thing

I am a happy owner of the "A2" and also the 30th Ann SHL5. I like both. Do not ask me to choose one..I can easily forget another when I listen to either of them...hope this can give you a little help. :). My amplifiers are LFD LE mk3 and LFD mistral LE.
    "Bath in Music"

Default Mon 30 / 40

Hello, dgolh

If you can, do give a listen to the Monitor 30's. I have several speakers in the house, and if it came down to choosing one pair, the 30's would be the last man standing. They sound WAY bigger than they look and are very unobtrusive in the room. Also very portable should you ever need to move them around. If you've heard the 40's, imagine that sound with about an octave and a half less bass and you'll get an idea of what the 30's are capable of. A wonderful musical instrument!